PDA

View Full Version : Skydash & Mastro auction - what happened?

Archive
06-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Posted By: <b>steve</b><p>Skydash and his rare Colgan's Tin Tops were to be auctioned in a couple Mastro auctions. I followed the first offering which had a Cobb and Wagner SGC nm-mt+. The Wagner, if I remember, grabbed $13.k while the Cobb ended around $8.k<br /><br />However, the second offering, to include the Thorpe, what happened? How did it go down?<br /><br />I just saw on ebay BIN a Colgan's Tin Top Honus Wagner SGC 88 - not the Skydash example. At the time of Mastro auction, I owned the only other Honus Wagner tin top (SGC 60) besides Sky's. Now a third nice Wagner shows up for sale by BMW cards, huh. Was there another Tin Top find - perhaps by BMW cards?<br /><br />Any info thanks, steve<br /><br />edited - the Thorpe did go in December, it was the Joe Jackson to be auctioned later - how did it do ? meet expectations?

Archive
06-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>I think there were three Wagners in the Skydash collection.

Archive
06-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Posted By: <b>steve</b><p>Barry, you are correct, there was more than one Wagner offered. However only one was a lofty grade. The other two were in poor shape (less then EX) and were offered together in lots with other tin tops. Only the high grade ones were sold individually.<br /><br />I do not remember what the Thorpe sold for. The Mastro auction web site does not have past auction results (not that I could find). But I am really curious what the top cards went for in Mastro's second Skydash offering - especially the Joe Jackson.<br /><br />steve<br /><br />edited - did find first Mastro results, but not the J.Jackson<br />Thorpe SGC 92 $51,896 with 20% juice<br />Wagner SGC 88 $8,907 with juice<br />Cobb SGC 88 $11,858 with juice<br /><br />J. Jackson SGC $__________ ?<br />other notable from 2nd auction ____________ ?<br />

Archive
06-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>Jackson sold for $66,000.00