PDA

View Full Version : is there no ebay protection id the seller doesnt take paypal?

Archive
06-05-2008, 06:39 AM
Posted By: <b>Sean</b><p>Curious if there is any other way to cover your butt than just paypal

Archive
06-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>The police?

Archive
06-05-2008, 06:44 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I think there used to be an escrow service? Also, a few times I have had a board member get involved with the seller locally. Just about anywhere at all in the US there is a Net54 member that might be able to do the transaction in person with the seller.....regards

Archive
06-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Posted By: <b>John E</b><p>You can use the convenience checks that come from your credit card. They normally treat it as a cash advance, but it does offer you the normal protection afforded you using your card.

Archive
06-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Posted By: <b>ali_lapoint</b><p>i think most sellers refuse paypal to protect themselves from buyers. there are so many ways to cheat a seller through paypal that they are fed up with it. insure your purchase and buy only from sellers with high feedback and transactions.

Archive
06-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>You can use the convenience checks that come from your credit card. They normally treat it as a cash advance, but it does offer you the normal protection afforded you using your card.<br /><br /><br /><br />The only problem with that is those checks cost 50.00 when you use them in many cases.<br /><br /><br />The only protection we have is buying/trading with those we know or with good reps.<br /><br /><br />Steve

Archive
06-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Sean</b><p>thanks for the responses. regarding the police, sting no longer returns my calls