PDA

View Full Version : eBay questions

Archive
06-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Posted By: <b>brian</b><p>I haven't listed any cards on eBay in a long time and was hoping someone knew the answer to a couple of questions.<br /><br />1. Most of the auctions now have the following ad at the top of the page...."0% APR until 2009 with new eBay Mastercard". Is there a way to change preferences that will keep the ad from being displayed? <br /><br />2. Is there some type of eBay search or another web search engine where one can determine how many times a member has withdrawn or retracted their eBay bids?<br /><br />Thanks!

Archive
06-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Brian - I believe goofbay.com will help with #2.

Archive
06-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Brad Green</b><p><br />Once someone bids on your auction, you can click on the bidder's ID (even though their full ID is disguised) and you will see the number of bid retractions that they've had in the last 6 months. To see what I'm talking about, just look at any auction on eBay that is still active and click on the current high bidder's ID.<br />

Archive
06-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Once someone bids on your auction you can see the whole name.<br /><br />sellers can see who is bidding with them.<br /><br /><br />not sure how to answer your other question.<br /><br /><br />Steve

Archive
06-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Fred Y</b><p>Brian--<br /><br />That ad will have no bearing on any auction you list.

Archive
06-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Posted By: <b>brian</b><p>Gentlemen, thanks for the responses.

Archive
06-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Marty</b><p>I believe that if someone cancels a bid on and auction, they are not allowed to bid on that auction again.