PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Help Please

Archive
05-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Andrew</b><p>I should have known better but I did a deal with someone who I hadn't dealt with before, long story short, he has my card and I have nothing, haven't heard from him in over a week. Does anyone in the New Jersey area know if you can find out someones address by asking the post office for it if you are able to give the PO Box where you sent the card?<br /><br />Thanks for any help!!<br /><br />Andrew

Archive
05-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Posted By: <b>seth</b><p>I would recommend going to the post office that you sent the card to and seeing if they will give you his street address. They have the street address listed on his PO Box card. It's a matter of the postal policy at the post office that will determine whether they will give you the address. Good luck. Keep us posted.<br /><br />Seth

Archive
05-27-2008, 04:23 AM
Posted By: <b>Rick McQuillan</b><p>Several years ago Congress passed the Privacy Act. Post employees are allowed to give the street addresses for a business that rents a PO Box, but the addresses of individual PO Box customers are strictly protected. <br /><br />Rick

Archive
05-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Posted By: <b>Eric</b><p>Where in Jersey is the PO Box?<br /><br />Where did you find this guy and where did the deal originate from?<br /><br />I hope you get your card back. That's a real bummer. Good luck.

Archive
05-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Posted By: <b>ali_lapoint</b><p>i dont think they would give out an address. PO box's are private and people usually open them because they dont want to give their home address. from what i understand they are a lot like pre-paid phones in that little to no identification or personal information is needed to obtain one.

Archive
05-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Andrew</b><p>Canada post couldn't really help me out. The US Postal office was very quick in responding (literally over night) and said this:<br /><br />"Thank you for contacting us about obtaining information regarding a PO Box address.<br /><br />The United States Postal Service will only provide address information if you submit a written request indicating a legal matter. This service is only available for individuals empowered by law to serve legal process. This includes an attorney acting on someone's behalf or someone acting pro se. Customer must site statute or regulation. Government agencies and law enforcement personnel may submit a written request for address information for individuals or families by following the format described in Change of Address or Boxholder Information.<br /><br />If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.<br /><br />Thank you for choosing the United States Postal ServiceŽ.<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />Chris S"<br /><br />So I guess I just need to find a lawyer to write to the US Postal service?<br /><br />The PO Box address was- c/o Dominic, PO Box 243, Riverdale, NJ 07457<br /><br />I listed the cards in the B/S/T for the baseball forum and the vintage hockey forum. He contact me through email and it was going to be a 3 card deal. I send the card <i>least expensive</i> (But still $500) then he sends the high dollar card and I follow with the other higher card.<br /><br />Really sucks. Hope everyone stays clear of this address!!<br /><br />Andrew<br />

Archive
05-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Posted By: <b>judson hamlin</b><p>I would recommend contacting the Postal Inspector's Office for New Jersey. They can help investigate whether there has been any mail fraud; and they will have (obviously) access to their own agency's records.