PDA

View Full Version : KATRINA DAMAGE ?

Archive
05-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Posted By: <b>ROBERT ADAMS JR</b><p>ebay 280229617928 . In my opinion this stuff is as fake as can be and to put Katrina with it is a , WELL !

Archive
05-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Anthony S.</b><p>The seller is on the up and up. She posts (or has posted) on this board, and specifically discussed the damaged cards a couple months ago.<br /><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/4dzbtd" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://tinyurl.com/4dzbtd</a>

Archive
05-26-2008, 12:56 AM
Posted By: <b>Deb Johnson</b><p>If someone was using Katrina as a way to scam people, it would truly be pitiful. However, in this case, it is only done in the interest of fully disclosing card damage to folks who can't hold it in their hands. The cards have been naturally altered by Katrina; that's just a fact, not a ploy. I've sold nearly 100 Katrina T206 beaters on ebay, and nearly that many on this board prior to that, with no complaints.<br /><br />Don't blame you at all for doubting the listing because those are some nice corners, (insert smiley), but wanted to at least jump in and clarify. For present and past listings, my ebay id is millijohndeb.<br /><br /><br />(P.S. -- editted to add that I have purchased cards from board members, also.)

Archive
05-26-2008, 03:07 AM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>I've known Deb Johnson since she first acquired this huge T206 Piedmont find. Deb emailed me about T206<br />info that I had posted on this forum. Over several emails, we discussed at length the T206 cards in her col-<br />lection. I was very impressed with her knowledge of the T206 cards, which she told me she garnered from<br /> reading most of our many T206 posts on Net54. Thank goodness that some people read and educate them-<br />selves from our efforts on this forum.<br /><br />To be critical of Deb because she cited "Katrina damage" regarding her cards, I find totally uncalled for. She <br />is being honest in describing the damage to the cards; and, to find fault with her for doing so is really stupid.<br /><br />If you want to be critical of the use of the word "Katrina", then direct your comments towards the "media" of<br /> this country......<br /><br />The "freakin" media has repeatedly politicized this tragic event to no end. I have friends in the Gulf coast area<br /> of Mississippi that were devastated with as much destruction as New Orleans was; and, yet we heard virtually<br /> nothing from the media regarding Mississippi. After all, it did nor fit the media's agenda to show or report some <br />positive news of the people of Mississippi picking up the pieces and rebuilding.<br /><br />Deb....I'm sorry I went off on a tangent here....keep enjoying all those Piedmont cards, and keep in touch, and<br /> keep posting here.<br /><br />Best regards,<br />TED Z<br /><br />

Archive
05-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Ted, my friend take it easy. Don't get your blood pressure up. Most folks that mention this kind of catastrophe are scammers. Deb isn't. It was an honest mistake. Have a happy, safe Memorial Day...

Archive
05-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Posted By: <b>Deb Johnson</b><p>I, too, think it was an honest mistake, and understandable as both 'Katrina' and non-graded, non-creased and/or nicely-cornered cards (albeit only 3 out of 4 corners sometimes), are immediately flagged as suspect, and rightfully so. I've learned a lot and saved money due to regular posters who police ebay for scammers, so cannot complain when it comes my way. (We have our share of Katrina scammers down here on the coast, too.)<br /><br />However, in penance for my loss of some sleep last night, the OP must give my boring, non-financially-related Lumley thread, (way down below), a bump. Just kidding.<br /><br />Thanks to all posters and private emailers for the support.<br />Deb

Archive
05-26-2008, 11:08 AM
Posted By: <b>Rhys</b><p>I have been helping Deb from the get go and some of her items appeared in the last REA Auction. I can vouch for her auctions and her personally. She is a great person and a pleasure to communicate with.<br /><br />Rhys Yeakley