PDA

View Full Version : Question about 1928 R315 Ruth Value

Archive
05-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Brandon Brown</b><p>Relatively new to the vintage cards (and the board), and I know that altered card prices are significantly affected when trimmed. Just wondering what an otherwise very decent 1928 R315 Ruth would be valued at to most of you putting a set together. I can try to post pics but dont have any right at the moment. Thanks!<br /><br />Brandon

Archive
05-09-2008, 02:27 AM
Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>Most R315's have the top and or bottom borders handcut. Most if not all originally came in strips of 3 cards, just like the W517's.<br /><br />A good % of the R315's that are graded are graded "A" for authentic because of the handcutting, but its sometimes hit and miss as to if the card will grade with a number or an "A".

Archive
05-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Posted By: <b>Rob D.</b><p>If I'm not mistaken, whenever I've seen an R315 in an SGC holder, it has been with a numerical grade. Granted, it's not like I've seen a ton of them.

Archive
05-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Posted By: <b>Brandon Brown</b><p>Well, it is a non encapsulated card for now, although when I purchased the card, the guy told me that PSA had rejected it saying it was trimmed 1/4", but Im not sure if it was top to bottom or Right to left. I havent measured it yet (still in the mail) but I hope I didnt overpay for a card just to fill a spot in my collection. I paid roughly $400 for the card with shipping. Anyone care to let me know if I got ripped off, assuming you can call it that when my ignorance of the value was a determining factor in the purchase, lol? Thanks for your help!<br /><br />Brandon

Archive
05-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>A SGC authentic sold on eBay 2/10/08 for $425.00, but it did look very sharp I must say.

Archive
05-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>As I believe these were cut from vertical strips of 3 I think many would get the AUT designation. It probably depends on how big the borders are and how they look whether they will get a numeric grade or not. I think you paid about market value for that card. We have an SGC70 coming up in our auction.....and maybe other, even higher grade, lesser HOF'ers but not sure if they will be included yet.........regards