PDA

View Full Version : Oh-oh. Ebay Dump Day is going to be Dump Week

Archive
05-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>May 7th to 14th all fixed price card sales will have a 50 cent listing fee regardless of price. This might be a good time to wait a week before putting "regular" auction sales on ebay as the vintage card board will be swamped with over-priced inventories from the usual suspects...

Archive
05-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Bob - it will be interesting to see as with this promotion it would be 5 times as expensive as usual to dump your whole store. Fifty cents a listing adds up much faster then 10 cents a listing does.

Archive
05-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>I agree with Matt, the inventory dump culprits actually have to think about this one as .50 each will add up quickly and they can't possibly get that many sales.

Archive
05-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Posted By: <b>steve</b><p>Dag-nab-it ebay. Not good timing for me.<br /><br />I just listed some items a couple days ago with (what I think) are honestly reasonable BIN's. In fact, I had a T206 W.Johnson portrait sell the first day.<br /><br />I fear my stuff is now more or less burried. Lets see what further sales happen - but not holding my breath.<br /><br />steve

Archive
05-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Posted By: <b>Eric</b><p>bad timing here too...<br /><br />I just listed about 30 T206s last night (ebay id foodledotnet) all pretty much PSA 5 or 6. <br /><br />Hopefully this won't affect my final sale prices.

Archive
05-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Posted By: <b>boxingcardman</b><p>Everyone rushes to pump their listings onto Ebay during the 24 hours, with the resulting puppy-through-the-python effect on the system. With this promotion, you can spread out your listings over a week, which is both easier on the casual lister and better for the buyer. I know I'm gonna take full advantage this week. You all might want to run a search for "Exhibitman" listings since there's gonna be some nice prewar stuff there and stuff is going up every day for the week. <br><br>Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc