PDA

View Full Version : SGC/PSA and turnaround times

Archive
04-30-2008, 07:51 AM
Posted By: <b>bigfish387t</b><p>I was wondering what folks thought about the turnaround times offered by the different grading companies?<br /><br />1. SGC offers a service that guarantees the turnaround time for the service paid. <br /><br />2. PSA offers an estimated guarantee turnaround time on all service levels. <br /><br />I don't mind paying next day service if I am going to get next grading and delivery service. Now that PSA has put an estimate on their turnaround times and raised their prices, are folks turning more to SGC for pre war grading? Any thoughts?<br /><br /><br /><br />

Archive
04-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>"1. SGC offers a service that guarantees the turnaround time for the service paid."<br /><br />I don't believe that is correct - if it is, I should get my money back for my last submission.

Archive
04-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p>I dont think there is much difference in the two in that aspect. Although normally on time, i've had two day submissions to SGC take 3 days and such...and was never given a voucher or anything like that.

Archive
04-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Posted By: <b>bigfish387t</b><p>SGC generally is on target on their turnaround times. PSA has held my cards for months. Both of them lag at times because of the volume they are grading. <br /><br />I was trying to point out that PSA raised their prices and you really don't know when you are getting your cards back. Could be a week could be a month. This has been my expeirence.<br /><br />SGC generally gets your cards back within the service level time or soon after that. That has been my expeirence. <br /><br />Wondering about anyone else's expeirences with either company?<br /><br />I am pro SGC because they get my cards to me faster and their grading is accurate. PSA has been much slower and I am not a fan of their quality control/customer service. I don't care about vouchers. I the want quality service I pay for.

Archive
04-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Posted By: <b>TFerg</b><p>I have used the next day service and the 20 day service from SGC, of my submissions all were on time or early. I've sent as few as one card and as many as 20 at a time, so I have no idea about the time involved with a bulk submission.

Archive
04-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Sean BH</b><p>I've never had any major problems with any grading company. PSA has always been on time for posting grades, but shipping can be a week after they post which can be a little annoying. SGC is pretty much always on time or ahead with baseball cards, it's when I start sending in old soccer cards things slow down; if it's something they have never seen I get a phone call asking about the history of them...and I really don't mind waiting. PRO is always on time and the best thing is they call and ask what grades I want on my cards, to me that's a great business plan and they will continue to get my business.<br /><br />sdbh<br /><br />

Archive
04-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Posted By: <b>Todd C</b><p>I recently used SGC for their same day service. They held to it without delay.<br /><br />

Archive
04-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Posted By: <b>jeffdrum</b><p>In general I am almost always pleased. Most always submit on 10 day service becuase of the custom insert requirement. Last couple of submissions have run over several days. Never really checked on all of mine. If the turnaround was "guaranteed" I never heard about it. Then again, I never asked. Depending on how long a submission runs over, at some point you are not getting what you are being charged for!

Archive
04-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Posted By: <b>Neal</b><p>I recently submitted some cards to SGC using their 10 day service. Everything was great!! I did receive the cards back a day later,which is fine! I just wish they would let you see the grades on your cards before they ship them out rather than have to wait until shipped!