PDA

View Full Version : JOSE IS BACK | Now trying to sell me a T206 Ty Cobb

Archive
04-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Minyoung Sohn</b><p>Any thoughts on the best way to handle this situation? FYI, please see my previous post "Help Requested | 1933 Goudey #92 Lou Gehrig."<br /><br />Here is his email to me, received just a few hours ago.<br /><br />----- Forwarded Message ----<br />From: card collector &lt;monday253@yahoo.com&gt;<br />To: msohn@yahoo.com<br />Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 4:55:14 PM<br />Subject: high end PSA 8 vintage advise Cobb, Gerhig<br /><br />hey min young. it's Jose I sold you that PSA 7 33 goudey Gehrig that you were happy with. Just to let you know I have 3 very high end PSA 8 cards 1909 T206 Ty Cobb red portrait PSA 8. 1934 Goudey Lou Gehrig #37 PSA 8 and a PSA 8 1952 Topps Willie Mays. these cards are very strong for the grade. I can give you a really sweet deal on them let me know thanks.

Archive
04-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Generally speaking it's against forum rules to post emails without consent of all parties but I think for the moment I am going to make an exception. regards

Archive
04-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Scott Sarian</b><p>This sounds like outright fraud to me, and I know if I had lost $4K to someone and he tried going to the well again for more money, I would have the authorities involved. <br /><br />A legit seller of such high-end cards would NEVER resort to these tactics to sell them; there should definitely be law enforcement brought in to deal with this guy.

Archive
04-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Minyoung Sohn</b><p>I replied that I would be interested in talking to him tomorrow and that I would like to receive scans of the cards referenced. Will keep the boards posted on what happens next.