PDA

View Full Version : Glasscock Cut Out

Archive
04-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Kyle</b><p>Saw this on eBay, researched is for a few hours looking for images of the original print, past auctions, etc... but couldn't find anything. <br /><br />Anyone seen one before, seen the full piece before, have a pic of the full print? The seller doesn't seem to be new to vintage, having sold quite a bit of pre-war stuff. Maybe he didn't know what it was either?<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270230334585&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270230334585&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017</a><br /><br />

Archive
04-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>Yes Terry Knouse had a bunch of these and most with their base. I never thought they were that old but some people do. They were also hand cut off of something and not a factory die cut. Dan.

Archive
04-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>There is an Old Judge advertising poster that was made to promote N172's, but since the cards appear in color they look nothing like N172's. And this Glasscock would have been cut out from that poster.<br /><br />Problem is, it was reprinted, so it's not even clear that it's a period cutout.

Archive
04-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Posted By: <b>Jay</b><p>Looks like someone got a hell of a deal. It looks like a genuine cutout from the most famous of all Old Judge posters. Terry says in the writeup that it is part of a lithograph and that wouldn't match later reprints, would it?

Archive
04-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Posted By: <b>1880nonsports</b><p>assuming it is from the same group - and have every reason to believe they are period. That having been said - their value would mostly be in the eye of the beholder. They are imperfect collectibles as they were neither produced to be utilzed - admired - or advertise a product in the state they are in. I'm sure a few people might have interest - after all there are all kinds of reasons and things to collect - even a barbed wire group - but I think they are a bit too off track to have much value - and the audience would be small....... BTW - they are not "die-cuts" just "cutouts" - big difference.<br />No guarantees whether written or implied.