PDA

View Full Version : Question about PSA holders

Archive
04-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Posted By: <b>J.McMurry</b><p> Is it common for the label inside a PSA holder to look wrinkled? I have a couple(1 is a 4, the other a 7, both 1950's) where the label is kinda bent up and wrinkled,almost like it was too big for the holder space for it. Is this common or a possible sign of a fake? the cases dont appear to have been tampered with,but I'm a newbie at graded cards.

Archive
04-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Kevin Saucier</b><p>We would probably need to see a scan to comment.<br /><br /><br />Kevin<br /><br /><br /><br><br>------------------------------<br /><br /><a href="http://www.AlteredCards.com" target="_new" rel="nofollow">www.AlteredCards.com</a> - in-depth education on advanced card doctoring techniques & detection with detailed examples<br /><br />

Archive
04-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Posted By: <b>MikeU</b><p>Yes it is normal. At least the six I have bought this past week all exhibit a sort of bubble through the middle i.e. crunched in. 3 of the six actually have noticable waves/wrinkles.

Archive
04-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Posted By: <b>J. McMurry</b><p>Interesting, the two I spoke of were purchased in the past 2 weeks. I have others that were bought years ago and dont look like that, this was the first time I've seen it and It really looks bad. I'll try to post a scan later.

Archive
04-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff S.</b><p>The PSA cards I bought roughly a year and a half ago have that wrinkled look on the flip. It apparently doesn't have enough thickness to hold up to the space provided in the holder - sloppy looking in my opinion.