PDA

View Full Version : SGC Office closed today!- Question!

Archive
03-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Posted By: <b>Neal</b><p>Does anyone know if SGC offices are open on Saturday. I just tried to call them but office is closed on count of holiday! I am tracking my registered mail package and looks like they left them a notice for pick up this am. I just dont want my package getting returned back to me.<br /><br />Thanks!

Archive
03-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Posted By: <b>Sean BH</b><p>I doubt they are open Saturday, but USPS shouldn't return the package after one day. It usually take at least a week I would think.<br /><br />I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's locked away safe.<br /><br />sdbh

Archive
03-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Posted By: <b>Glyn Parson</b><p>Our offices are closed today for the holiday. We will open again monday morning at 9:00 am eastern time. Please feel free to give us a call with any questions you may have. Just to mention the offices are never open on saturdays, at this time.<br /><br />Thank You,<br /> Glyn Parson<br /> SGC

Archive
03-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Posted By: <b>Neal</b><p>Thank you Glyn.. Guess you guys will pick it up on Monday am!

Archive
03-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Neal</b><p>Just wanted to say how pleased I am with SGC's service. I left them a voice mail this am and withing 30 minutes they called me back. Very courteous and professional! <br />

Archive
03-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Glyn- If you get a chance could you please check on my submission 1243177. It shows SGC received it February 20th but the website shows the cards are still not graded as of March 24th. Almost all 27 cards were crossover specials.<br />Thanks,<br />Bob Marquette (tbob)

Archive
03-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Bob - I think SGC is a bit backed up due to that special - I've got an order they received about the same time as yours which also has not been completed yet. I'm sure they will get it out in the next few days.

Archive
03-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Glyn Parson</b><p>Hi Bob I'll check for you tommorrow.

Archive
04-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Have you received your order yet? I'm going on 38 days and still nothing. I emailed Glyn yesterday AM but haven't heard back.

Archive
04-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Matt- Just saw your post. I received an email that the 30 days was 30 business days so it would be more like 42 days (today is day 42). Their webpage says the submission status is "not graded yet." I'll let you know...<br />tbob

Archive
04-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Neal</b><p>My cards were received by SGC on 3-24-08. I elected for the 10 business day service(Express) I emailed them a question as to when I could see the grades and they email me back,<br /><br />The cards will be processed, and should ship in approximately (14) calendar days from the date received.<br /> <br />You will be able to see the grades online when they have been shipped.<br /> <br />

Archive
04-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Bob - any update? today is business day 33 (real day 45) and I'm still not showing shipped. Glyn did email last week letting me know it would ship either Monday or yesterday, but it seems it did not. At this point I won't be able to bring the cards with me to the Ohio vintage card show this weekend, as I had planned.

Archive
04-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Posted By: <b>TFerg</b><p>I checked and my latest sub. was posted shipped on the 20th business day just as advertised (raw cards no crossovers). I did send some emails to Michael(weeks ago) and Glyn(just today) and none have been replied to, they may be backed up in that dept.

Archive
04-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Matt- I am in the same boat you are. Michael G. called and left a message that I needed to call him back and let him know if I wanted cross-overs at same or better because some of the grades were GAI grades of 2.5, 3.5, etc. I did call back and left a message and supposedly they are shipping any day. I checked the website and noticed today that while it doesn't show that the shipment is headed my way, it no longer says "not graded." I hope to get them soon....<br />tbob

Archive
04-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>I just spoke with Michael - basically, they're just swamped right now and the lower service tiers get bumped when things with a higher priority come in. He projects my order will ship tomorrow.<br />

Archive
04-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Neal</b><p>Received my cards today!! Happy with overall service!

Archive
04-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>Yes, they must be swamped. My tracking shows they received my shipment on Wednesday morning, but they still haven't tracked it into the system. Also, my "Next Day" invoice that they tracked in on April 2nd, didn't get graded until the 7th. No response to an email I sent yesterday. <br /><br />paulgx3@yahoo.com

Archive
04-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Posted By: <b>TFerg</b><p>I received my submission today I pretty happy with the grades. Still no reply to my emails, I'm not sending my next sub (ready and waiting) until they reply.

Archive
04-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Posted By: <b>Glyn Parson</b><p>Tferg. I just checked my email and I have not received one from you. I then went and checked Michael's email he has none from you either. Please check the address that you are sending the emails to. My email is gparson@sgccard.com. Feel free to also call if you have a problem 1-800-742-9212.

Archive
04-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Posted By: <b>TFerg</b><p>Glyn you just replied and I replied back, thanks.<br /><br />Rob<br /><br />P.S. My next sub will be shipped Monday

Archive
04-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Phil Garry</b><p>No problems here, guys. I just dropped off a 21 card submission of various cards thia morning in Parsippany. Michael Goldberg helped me sort them out so that my cost would be kept to a minimum and I would not have to pay multiple return shipping charges like some of the other grading companies force you to do.

Archive
04-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>TFerg,<br /><br />I have had trouble getting email from SGC, too. I've sent a couple of batches of cards to them (and Michael was very helpful getting the shipping sorted out...thanks), but I have yet to get a single email back saying that grading was complete or cards have been shipped or thanks for being a customer (not even in my Junk Mail folder). I looked at my profile and the email address is correct. The only things that I can figure is that there is a mailer problem on their side or an email filter issue on my side. I haven't really worried about it since I just keep up with status on the website or call them on the phone.<br /><br />Mark.<br />

Archive
04-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Those having problems getting responses via email, should call them. I also prefer email as it's quicker, but I got through to Michael with no waiting and he was able to go and check on my order right away.<br /><br />BTW, my order finally shipped today.

Archive
04-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Neal</b><p>I Agree. Calling them for me was much quicker! If they didnt answer,they would call me back within the hour!

Archive
04-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Mark, to check your submission go to the SGC main page along the top click on the "check submission status" next to the search box. It will ask for your username and password, it will then show your past and present invoice #'s, click on the one you want to check and the grades or "not graded" will appear next to the card description. My grades always appear 2 days before they arrive. My question was about a specific card in my next submission. Glyn took care of it and sent me the answer, he's top notch in my book. From what I've been hearing there are very busy w/ crossovers so those new to the process may need extra attention.

Archive
04-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Matt- mine went out today also.<br />tbob