PDA

View Full Version : In Max Rice's memory

Archive
04-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Hey Folks,<br />First of all Zach has absolutely no idea I am doing this. I have been in communication with a few other board members in the last 24 hours concerning what we can do to help or pay our respects to Max. I am going to prepare an email to be sent privately to anyone that sends me a private email wishing to do something. There is something we can do but I would rather it remain a little bit more private than a public chatboard. I can't say I knew Max extremely well but the many hours I spent with him and Zach at the last several Nationals showed me a lot about the character of both father and son. I would put Max in the "old guard" category which is very esteemed. They just don't make them like Max Rice anymore. Even though he had a serious illness he never ever whined about it or wanted any sympathy. He will be greatly missed by all that knew him. If anyone would like to do something please email me privately and I will let you know a possible solution. warmest regards ....leon

Archive
04-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I just now spoke with Zach on the phone. I was a little worried about his current living situation. Come to find out that he (as well as his dad did) lives with his grandparents and his brother so they are all helping out. He said there is a driveway full of cars and he has quite a few close relatives that live nearby. I am a little bit comforted to know that he is ok in living conditions. He sounds very good too and is extemely appreciative of the kind words about his dad and the support he has gotten. I told him to take his time and come back to us when he can...His dad's funeral will be on Monday........regards