PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on B18 Blankets

Archive
04-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Ron Lambert</b><p>Dear All<br /><br />I won a grab bag lot of stuff at the Huggins and Scott Spring auction and there were a number of B18 Blankets as part of the lot.<br /><br />I know absolutely nothing about B18 Blankets and was wondering if there is a good source (or good sources) of information on the issue so I can understand what color combinations might be considered more desireable, what variations, how many in total, etc....<br /><br />If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Ron

Archive
04-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff</b><p>I know a little bit about them since we've got a pretty decent collection ourselves. There was a good article on them in VCBC #7, but I think that issue is sold out (someone may be able to get hold of a copy for you through this board though).<br /><br />I'd be happy to talk to you about what I do know, but a few things really are important. First, the B18 blankets with a red (not reddish, but blood red) are very very rare and can be quite valuable ($600-1800 for a common); those with brown infield areas are worth a fair amount ($80-120 for a common, maybe less in current market), but not that huge a premium over those with more common infield areas. Second, certain teams are scarcer than others, including, I think, at least Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Third, HOFers will fetch more, of course. Fourth, condition is very important (look out for: paper residue on the reverse from the original packaging; fraying/separation of edge threads; staining; centering and straightness of edges and borders).... there's no standard grading for these yet (GAI tried grading and slabbing, but it looks like crap in their holders) ... there's more but that's all I can think of in this brain dump...<br /><br />Good luck!!