PDA

View Full Version : Need Help 33 Briggs Ruth....

Archive
04-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Posted By: <b>bigfish</b><p>I am trading a 1933 Briggs Babe Ruth to another board member. Card is not for sale and will not be listed on the BST or ebay. It will grade an SGC 20 or higher. Can't find any pricing on this one. Anyone know this issue? Any help with pricing would help me and another board member out with a trade.<br /><br />Thanks in advance.<br /><br />Toby

Archive
04-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Posted By: <b>boxingcardman</b><p>so I'd guess about 3x that for a vg card. <br><br>Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Archive
04-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>2008 SCD says $1000 NRMT, $500 EX, $300 VG for what thats worth.

Archive
04-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I would guess in a nicely publicized auction Adam's guess could be a touch low......just my opinion though...

Archive
04-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>This is an interesting question which comes up from time to time - both "price guides" referenced project the card in the $300-$350 range. With no VCP data, what reference points do you guys use to estimate that those prices are off? Cards with little to no VCP data often show up; this would be a good exercise if you could share your thought process on how to value such cards.<br />thanks!

Archive
04-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Rhett Yeakley</b><p>My thinking would be that a clean VG card from this Very Tough issue would be in the $1000-1200 range, probably even higher. Pretty much right in line with the other posters<br /><br />That being based on the fact that it is Babe Ruth pictured, it is a VERY tough 1930's issue, and if you don't pay that amount Leon, Adam, or I will buy it.<br /><br />-Rhett

Archive
04-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Posted By: <b>boxingcardman</b><p>Plus the realization that any tough Ruth is going to run a grand nowadays. <br /><br />Edited to Add: anyone with a vg Briggs wasting space in his collection can send it my way for the guide price. In fact, I'll take two!<br /><br />Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Archive
04-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Posted By: <b>bigfish</b><p>Thanks guys for the input. The card is going to be traded to my Cousin so if he wants to sell it to you he will. I guess you really don't know until you auction it off as Leon said above.<br /><br />Thanks for all the posts.