PDA

View Full Version : 1921 Exhibit Ty Cobb help?

Archive
03-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeremy W.</b><p>Just yesterday I purchased a 1921 Ty Cobb exhibit card from Ebay (item# 140216310089). It has what appears to be a stamp in the upper left corner of the card. Does anyone recognize this stamp? If someone could provide a link to the auction it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Archive
03-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p><a href="http://tinyurl.com/2qbtnk" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://tinyurl.com/2qbtnk</a>

Archive
03-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeremy W.</b><p>That will help. I wasn't trying to be lazy...I didn't know how to do it.

Archive
03-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>The sticker is from a boardgame called "Major League Ball - The Indoor Baseball Game Supreme" from the National Game Makers of Washington DC.<br /><br />The complete "cards" (diecut player with sticker attached) are known as 1921-30 Major League Ball Die-Cuts (page 234 in the 2008 SCD)<br /><br />IMO If you can not remove the sticker it will hurt the overall value of the card.<br /><br />The diecut game cards this sticker is from are generic poses of players with a blank bottom square, and the original owner of the game received stickers with the players name and stats etc. and they stuck the stickers in the bottom square of the diecuts.<br /><br />Maybe someone can show an example of the diecut card, I dont have any right now.<br /><br />PS. I emails the seller in the last couple hours of the auction and told them this info, but I dont know if they had enough time to update the info.

Archive
03-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeremy W.</b><p>I think that's all the information I could have hoped for. I'll probably leave the sticker on. Thanks again.

Archive
03-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p>jeremy-<br /><br />nice price paid<br /><br /><br /><br />hey frank-<br /><br />sent you an email yesterday, take a look if you can (about addy)<br /><br />thanks dave