PDA

View Full Version : Anyone In NY Going To The Show In White Plains On The 28th?

Archive
03-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Addie_Joss</b><p>Just wondering if any of you will be attending the card show in White Plains, NY next weekend. I was hoping a few of you would be there selling since many of you seem to have such nice cards. I believe SGC and James Spence will be there as well as GAI.

Archive
03-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Posted By: <b>Phil Garry</b><p>I will be there on Sunday morning. I'm not a dealer but will be walking around looking for bargains.

Archive
03-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff Lichtman</b><p>Is this show decent? I'm desperate to go to a show.

Archive
03-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>...selling pre-war cards, typically. I often go because I live 10 minutes away from there and if I have a submission for SGC I save on shipping. Doubt I'll be there that weekend, however....<br><br>_ <u> </u> _ <u> </u> _ <u> </u> _ <u> </u> _ <u> </u> _ <u> </u> _ _ <br /><br />Visit <a href="http://www.t206collector.com" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.t206collector.com</a> for my blog, interviews, articles, card galleries and more!<br /><br />

Archive
03-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Jodi Birkholm</b><p>There is great focus on modern cards/memorabilia at this show. The show promoters are very nice people to work with, however, and I have always enjoyed dealing with them. I would recommend the show that they run at Hofstra University on Long Island as a more pleasurable experience. There is a lot more breathing room there, with a few more tables to boot. It's a lot more relaxed. Then again, my perspective is from that of setting up at/working at a show, as opposed to being an attendee.

Archive
03-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Rich Klein</b><p>I know several people from Beckett (including Dr. Beckett) who attended the show that way. I'd frankly like to have a show 1/5th as good as Jimmy's to attend to here in the DFW area.<br /><br />Regards<br />Rich

Archive
03-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Posted By: <b>david poses</b><p>i work in white plains and want to submit a few cards to sgc, so i'm going to go on friday afternoon. i usually go, but can't remember the last time i bought anything. i dragged my brother to the last one. he doesn't collect cards, but when he saw the 88 fleer billy ripken error card, he had to have it