PDA

View Full Version : Am I trimmed ?

Archive
03-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Bernie</b><p>I don't know much about ASA ... I'm wondering if they're comparable to PRO or more credible.<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220213669588&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220213669588&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012</a><br /><br /><br />

Archive
03-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul S</b><p>...don't buy it for the holder.

Archive
03-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Craig W</b><p>I'm no expert, but for a card that well centered, I'd expect there to be a bit more space between the bottom of the name and the bottom of the card. On the back, the top & bottom of the frame on the card look like they have a bit of a jog in them that doesn't seem right, but it might just be the scan.

Archive
03-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff S.</b><p>ASA was Alan Hagar if I'm not mistaken, who was quite adamant about the awareness of trimmed cards back in the day. Those bottom corners don't look like 8's though in that scan - also appears short.

Archive
03-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Posted By: <b>peter ullman</b><p>I wouldn't trust a Hager holder.<br /><br />

Archive
03-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave S</b><p>I may be the minority...but think it's legit.

Archive
03-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>I think the card is authentic but it looks trimmed.

Archive
03-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Phil B</b><p>I have cracked out several ASA cards- all trimmed. I did a lot of research on Alan H. at one time and learned that while he supposedly started out as a legitimate card grader (and I think even patented the first slab) - he quickly turned to the dark side of card altering. I tried to contact him to find out when he "turned" (I think he has admitted this)- and what serial numbers might indicate legitimately graded cards. Shockingly I did not get a reply. I think you need to assume trimmed in your bidding. Good luck.

Archive
03-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>It looks trimmed to me. And even if not (which I stongly doubt), it should be about a 5.<br />jimB

Archive
03-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>The card's width looks close to correct, the height looks a bit lacking. I think it is trimmed, and dittos on the Hagar concerns. <br /><br />It looks to be an authentic card, at least...<br /><br />Can you hold that slab? Can you lay a T206 atop the slab and see if it is the same size as the card in the slab??<br /><br />Good luck with that...