PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with board members on the B/S/T

Archive
03-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason Duncan</b><p>Has anyone ever had a board member make deals and not follow through? This has happened to me twice recently by the same person who I will not name for right now (give him a chance to contact me privately). Anybody have any issues like this? Recently was approached for some cards in ebay inventory by this person and was told check was getting mailed out. 2-3 weeks later no payment, no response to 3 emails. Should this be ignored and kept private or should it be aired out for others to be aware? I will now have to rescan and pay extra listing fees for this person's negligance and lack of communication. I am just curious of how much this goes on here and if anyone else had problems? Any comments or opinions appreciated.<br><br><br>Jason

Archive
03-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Each situation is different. Board members should generally follow through with deals on the BST. If someone backs out of a deal it should be the exception rather than the rule. If anything goes on where someone is actually defrauded then I want to know about it. The other moderators, or myself, can't force anyone to do anything but we can ban folks for big issues (very rare). I always put on my manager cap in these situations. If it's a one time issue and no one is out anything....then no big deal. Sometimes when these things are made known, and the person is outed, then others come forward and the problem is found to be greater than an isolated instance. IF someone says they are sending money and there is no follow up to say they would prefer to not do the deal...then that is wrong and that is unethical in my opinion. They should communcate their reversed decision. As passionate collectors I can see someone saying they will do something and then have sellers remorse and not want to do it. I have done that before as I am a collector more than anything and have changed my mind before. I always try to communicate quickly and effectively though. regards

Archive
03-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>Tell who it is. this is not the time to conceal ID as it will stop others from dealing with this dead beat.

Archive
03-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason Duncan</b><p>Dennis-<br><br>I will give him until later tonight to check his email and give him a 4th chance to respond before outing his name. The first time I tried to track him down he did email back and said he was out of town working and it would go out. Since then, 3 unsansrewed emails over the course of 2 weeks. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. He did this last year to me on another deal as well with no response for a long time. I will keep you up to date. I do not want to &quot;out&quot; every situation, but this is the second time after I tried to give another chance on his terms. I have spoke to another member who I will not name that has had similar dealings with this buyer. <br><br><br>Jason

Archive
03-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Posted By: <b>Phil</b><p>Being new to this forum, I was wondering about if some kind of feedback mechanism, similar to eBay, has ever been discussed or considered for transactions on this BST forum?<br />I have made a few purchases through this forum. Some great cards and some great experiences, but you always have a skeptical thought when you send a check in the mail to someone you don't know and don't have any feedback on.<br />I have only had absolutely positive experiences, but I would love to have some mechanism to give positive feedback to these people so others would benefit from them as well.<br />Thoughts?

Archive
03-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Our forum doesn't have a way to have feedback for good transactions. Recently I took an informal poll and 95% of the people said they wanted to stay with our forum s/w format. If anyone, including you, ever needs to check a reference you can always email me and ask. I don't know everyone on the BST but I know most....or at least know "of" most. There have been less than a handful of bad transactions over there and probably less than 3 total fraudulent situations...I only really know of 1, maybe 2...including the Bill Bellamy debacle out of many thousands of deals.....Overall it's a very safe place to buy, sell and trade but it's still caveat emptor and proceed at your own risk. Once again though, anyone can email me for a reference...I will always give one if I know the person......regards

Archive
03-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>is to post the name of the seller, the specifics regarding payment, etc. so all here can see.