PDA

View Full Version : T3 Tenney Variations

Archive
03-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Posted By: <b>Addie_Joss</b><p>Anyone know if there is a significant premium placed on the NY and Boston Nat'L variation?

Archive
03-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>A PSA 4 NY & B variation sold for $3200 versus the PSA NY for $450.. judging by the huge gap I would say the NY&B variation is about 3 X more valuable.

Archive
03-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>In case some dont know..... The Tenney NY on eBay right now is a reprint. Its 2.5" by 3.5"

Archive
03-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Mike Peich</b><p>The Tenney NY & B, along with the Doolan/Doolin and Bob Rhoades, is one of the scarcest variant cards in the set. I suspect Craig Diamond can weigh in on this, too.<br />Cheers, Mike

Archive
03-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Craig D</b><p>My friend Mike is correct, of course. The Tenney (NY & Bos) is quite difficult, and will only be found with the Turkey Red "ad back". It was most certainly produced in much lower quantities at the end of the offer period. Similarly, the Dool"in" variation is very hard to find and also comes only with the "ad back." The Paskert (Cin & Phil) also falls into that category. The final variation, found in the first series, is the McIntyre - Brooklyn and McIntyre - Brooklyn & Chicago variation. The "Brooklyn" variation is only found with the 1-75 checklist back. The "Brooklyn & Chicago" comes with the 1-75, 1-76 and 1-76 No-ad back variations. The team correction was made very early on in the promotion. Obviously, the "Brooklyn" variation is quite scarce. These rarities and variations generally pass unnoticed by nearly all but the most dedicated or some might say addicted T3 collectors.<br /><br />Happy Collecting,<br />Craig<br /><br />www.t3turkeyred.com

Archive
03-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Posted By: <b>Addie_Joss</b><p>Would you say then that 300 dollars for a Tenney that will likely grade a 4 with some markings in ink on the back is a good price?

Archive
03-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Craig D</b><p>Addie,<br /><br />I would repeat what fkw said above. If you are referring to the Tenney on Ebay right now, and I think you are, it is a reprint. The seller himself says so. As a reprint, it is worth about a nickel or so.<br /><br />If you can find an authentic T3 Tenney of either variation and it grades a PSA-4, $300 would be a very good price.<br /><br />Hope that helps,<br />Craig

Archive
03-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Addie_Joss</b><p>Not the ebay one but thats what got me interested in the one I might potentially buy.