PDA

View Full Version : New Ebay added details to Card auctions

Archive
02-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Posted By: <b>James Gallo</b><p>Has anyone noticed that ebay has not added detailed boxes to the card listings. <br /><br />It has a spot for graded, ungraded, original, repro etc. <br /><br />One thing I found VERY interesting is that the grading system is totally PSA based. It is on a 1-10 scale and has an additional box for PSA qualifiers.<br /><br />This has to be pretty new and I wonder what PSA did to get on ebay's good side.<br /><br />I guess this will help some, but it seems almost pointless to me....<br /><br />James G <br><br>Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.

Archive
02-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Posted By: <b>sagard</b><p>There are typically way more PSA cards for sale at a given moment than everyone else combined, so it makes some sense for Ebay to make things work nicely with PSA.

Archive
02-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>I don't think it being on a 1-10 scale makes it PSA based; even SGC puts 10 point scale grades on their cards. Also, allowing qualifiers is the only way to handle both SGC and PSA.<br />The question will be, will they do anything about people who list repros without specifying them as such? Otherwise, there really isn't any benefit to having such a qualification.