PDA

View Full Version : PCCE in April

Archive
02-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Posted By: <b>bigfish387t</b><p>Just got an invite to this show. Does anyone know if this is worth going to? Looks like a nice assortment of dealers going. Any thoughts?

Archive
02-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Posted By: <b>Phil Garry</b><p>I'm going on Friday/Saturday, its a first time event so this year will be the test.

Archive
02-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Still contemplating it. Depending on my schedule I might go for a few days. If nothing else I love getting together with fellow hobbyists and there will be a lot of them there. A different city would have been nice...There are a several shows in that area around that time frame.... regards

Archive
02-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Posted By: <b>Marty</b><p>As one of the dealers, I am very interested in this thread. The dealers were to be by invitation and it are limited in number. They are doing a lot of things for the dealers, making banners, the whole venue is carpeted and some hospitality type events. They are to have controlled dealer badges, unlike the National. I was told that there would be no signers and no shiney stuff dealers. The table fees are hugh, more than the National. The booth selection was by drawing. For the collector who goes to the National and spends hours looking for the 10-20 dealers that they have an interest in working with, this will be a plus. You should have more time to look through inventories. The round table discussions should be interesting. Five major shows in Chicago in one year is a concern.

Archive
02-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Posted By: <b>Premier Collectible Conference &amp; Exhibition</b><p>The Premier Collectible Conference & Exhibition (April 17-20, 2008) is currently offering Free Admission Until February 29, 2008.<br /><br />Simply fill out the registration on <a href="http://www.pcce2008.com" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.pcce2008.com</a> and you will receive complimentary admission to all 4 days of the convention absolutely free. That's right...this limited time offer gets you into The Premier Collectible Conference & Exhibition, April 17-20, 2008. <br /><br />Your admission badge and information will be waiting for you at the registration area at the convention. Simply, print out your confirmation that you will receive via e-mail and bring it with you to the convention. <br />

Archive
02-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>I wish I had known about this further in advance. April was already pretty booked for me by the time I started seeing promotional materials. If it is an event they want people to travel for, there needs to be a lot of lead time. Perhaps that part will be better next time. I really like the idea, and in general would be interested in attending, but can't make it this time.<br />JimB

Archive
02-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>This will be a great time for all of us on here to discuss the bogus auto's , counterfeit cards, authentication companies etc. If we can get a group together we could discuss this business and issues such as (SCD,Coach's Corner,STAT, Morales ,PSA, grading etc).

Archive
02-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Posted By: <b>Rob Dewolf</b><p>Can we have a day-by-day countdown to this event, too?

Archive
02-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Posted By: <b>Kyle</b><p>For those interested, the Cubs are in town all weekend playing the Pirates.<br /><br />Also, if you opt to stay downtown, you can get on to the Blue Line Train line and it will take you all the way to O'Hare, and the conference. <br /><br />I might go see the show and see if there's anyone there worth saying hello to.<br /><br />-Kyle<br />

Archive
02-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave Williams</b><p>From the write up in this months PSA SMR it appears to be a waste of time for the average collector.<br /><br />They are pretty clear it is only for high end, big dollar type of collectors.<br /><br />Is this correct, or am I misinterpreting that article?<br /><br />In other words....<br /><br />If I show up with $200 to spend, will I waste my time?

Archive
02-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Posted By: <b>scott brockelman</b><p>While this is a new concept for shows with an emphasis on roundtable discussions and other dealer forums, as pointed out they are attempting to cater to the serious collector. I think by serious collector they are addressing collectors of all values of vintage cards 19th century thru 1970's era. What you won't see is Beenie Babies, new Shiney Stuff, Mini-helmets, flavored beef jerkie, Pop-corn, SPCA, etc. ALL things that are at the larger National show, where they attempt to fill booths with whoever will pay the price.<br /><br />You will find cards to fit the $200 price range, whether you seek 1 or 10 $20 cards.<br /><br />While the dealer list is probably incomplete on the website, there are already a couple that sell these type of cards. There are also a few that will bring some heavy duty items.<br /><br />Scott<br />