PDA

View Full Version : Sets witnessning the most action in the past year

Archive
02-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Posted By: <b>nbrazil</b><p>I am curious as to what sets have increased in popularity over the past year? You can base your answer on prices realized in auctions, observations from card shows, demand and supply as a seller/auctioneer or just simply conversations with a large sample of collectors from the community and getting a word of mouth feel as to what sets have seen their demand spike in the past year. I follow only sets i am working on...and other than what i read on this board (i dont go to card shows, card shops or have regular personal conversations with other collectors), i dont have an idea of what sets are getting more attention recently.<br /><br />thanks in advance

Archive
02-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Seems to me that most action is still the monster, but two sets that received more action this year then they have in the past are E98s and E90-1s.<br />

Archive
02-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave S</b><p>Think there's been a real spike in T3's and T207's..<br />And every HOFer in all the major sets..

Archive
02-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Posted By: <b>James Gallo</b><p>I think both Cracker Jacks sets have been very popular. I also agree the E90-1 set, but is has cooled a lot.<br /><br />Also a lot of the PCL crads have really spiked.<br /><br />James G<br><br>Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.

Archive
02-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>I have aborted attempts at the E105 and E106 sets due to the high prices they seem to be getting these days.<br />jimB

Archive
02-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>E98 except they seem to be coming out of the woodwork with higher prices....<br /><br />For price jumps try finding some inexpensive, relative to a few years ago, E99 or E100's......Also big spikes in E136 Home Run Kisses and D310's.....from informal observations....