PDA

View Full Version : Lucky number 7 (Bonds and Clemens)

Archive
02-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>Well, the Peter C is coming out in me... random thoughts dropping (in the medium of N54 threads) like gumballs from a gumball machine. I forgot who said that in a past thread, but I enjoyed it.<br /><br />Bonds failed a steroid test in 1991. He said he never took steroids. Hmmmm... do you think they'll hang him for his poor memory?<br /><br />7 Cy Youngs for Roger<br />7 MVPs for Barry<br /><br />Seven is a lucky number!

Archive
02-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Rick McQuillan</b><p>They are both unsigned free agents. Do you suppose any team will pick them up? The Brewers just signed a couple of steroid guys, maybe they could field an "all steroids" team?<br /><br />Rick

Archive
02-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Posted By: <b>John Kalafarski</b><p>The failed test was in 2001, just after hitting the 73 bogus home runs. Clean up the record book; that's why pencils have erasers. Roger Maris will have the record back before Bonds and Clemens are sentenced.

Archive
02-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Cobby33</b><p>I suppose there's a medical and physics expert tucked away somewhere who will accurately testify that had Bonds not taken the juice, he would not have hit 73 HR's. I am anxiously awaiting that person to appear...

Archive
02-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>In China, good and bad numbers are based on their pronunciation and what words the most closely sound like. For example, if a number sounds like "long life," that's good. If it sounds like "death," it's bad. The funny thing is China has many dialects and numbers and words are pronounced differently in different areas. Because of this a number can be good in one area and bad luck in another.