PDA

View Full Version : Asking For Explanations Of Grades

Archive
02-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Posted By: <b>Addie_Joss</b><p>Anyone have any luck doing this. Just received a card back from Beckett that received a very questionable grade. Actually, its quite disgusting the way they've ruined my card with what seems to be an arbitrary and BS grade. Anyone have any luck getting explanations for grades they've received? I'm going to be calling customer service Monday looking for an explanation but was just wondering if anyone has done this before with a positive outcome, such as a reasonable explanation.

Archive
02-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Phil Garry</b><p>SGC does a terriffic job of explaining the rationale behind their grade of a particular card. You just need to show it to them in person (at a card show, etc.) as once you receive it back in the mail, it would be very difficult. I don't know about Beckett, though. Anytime I ave tried to call their customer service, it always goes to voice mail and I never receive a call back. E-mailing them works better but I don't know if you can get an answer to your question that way.

Archive
02-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Posted By: <b>Addie_Joss</b><p>I'm not familiar with how grading companies and their records work. To me, the serial number on the slab should coincide with records they've kept, which should include a detailed examination of the card. Thats at least how authentication companies work. I mean, I don't think its too much for them to be able to give me some kind of explanation based on their records. If the grades are given out completely arbitrarily and once they're sent out thats the extent of their attachement to the card, that seems wrong to me.