PDA

View Full Version : 1887 Scrapps info needed

Archive
02-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Damian Anderson</b><p>This is my first experience with this issue. Can anyone tell me if they think I over/underpaid for this? I bought it on Super Sunday during the game. Also how are these graded and what do you think this one would grade with the tape and without the tape with no paper loss due to removal and with paperloss due to removal? Finally best way to remove the tape to prevent paper loss? Anyway here is the the link...<br /><br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270207415488&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270207415488&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017</a>

Archive
02-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Posted By: <b>jay wolt</b><p>Don't know if the price was high or low<br />but found it odd that the seller spelled<br />Comiskey's name wrong 3 times

Archive
02-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>If the tape is really old and dried out, it might come off very easily. Sometimes ancient tape almost falls off.

Archive
02-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Posted By: <b>Damian</b><p>Sorry, need this info and didn't want it to get buried.

Archive
02-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>I think you paid right about where this "card" sales for generally in that condition.

Archive
02-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>Damian,<br /><br />You did fine with that pick up. SGC does the best job of encapsulating these "cards". They create custom inserts for the item and it looks REALLY GOOD. That Comiskey looks really clean for the most part. If you're happy with the card, that's all that matters. IMO you did fine.

Archive
02-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Posted By: <b>Jeff Mohler</b><p>I think you did fine with the pickup. The nice thing about this lot is the apparent absence of large ugly stains from the glue that was used to mount many of these "cards" in scrapbooks. If there is just a little tape residue, it should present very nicely. I would echo the thoughts of the previous poster about SGC and their holders.<br /><br />Jeff