PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help Me?

Archive
02-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Posted By: <b>Peggy</b><p>I have a picture of my dad in a Hollywood Stars uniform. His brother states he played for the team but he can't remember when. I am assuming it is sometime between 1936 and 1941. Does anyone have a team roster of the Hollywood Stars during this timeframe that can help me identify the timeframe? Oh, his name was Horace William (Bill) DeHoog and he probably played in the pitching position.

Archive
02-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Welcome to our forum. While I don't have the answer I hope one of our Pacific Coast collectors will have the answer for you. I have a few friends I can call if no one is able to help within a day or two. ....take care now..

Archive
02-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>maybe this book would be of some help.<br /><a href="http://www.amazon.com/Hollywood-Stars-CA-Images-Baseball/dp/0738530565" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazon.com/Hollywood-Stars-CA-Images-Baseball/dp/0738530565</a>

Archive
02-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Posted By: <b>Anthony N.</b><p>Peggy- if you're in the L.A. area there is a PCL reunion show about May in Carson, and 1 in Northern California at some point as well. You might be able to find memoribilia, photos, etc of your dad there.<br />Hopefully Mark Macrae will jump in here with more info.

Archive
02-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Jodi Birkholm</b><p>Peggy,<br /><br />Welcome. I have only been able to unearth one DeHoog in my records. His name was Allan DeHoog, and he played with the Mission, TX club (Texas League) in 1930. I can't turn up anything on your father. Did he hever spell his surname in a different fashion?<br /><br />Jodi

Archive
02-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark Macrae</b><p>Anthony, I emailed Peggy privately with additional info. ...Jodi...Double check the source. Allen DeHoog pitched four games for the San Francisco Missions (PCL) during the 1930 season, not the San Antonio Missions. Peggy has indicated that the 1930 Missions' Dehoog was her father's cousin...

Archive
02-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Thanks again for your help.....It's always apprecited......

Archive
02-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Posted By: <b>Jodi Birkholm</b><p>Actually, I have TWO records: one for an Allan DeHoog (San Antonio) and one for "Allen DeHoag" (San Francisco). The latter surname, according to Peggy, is a common alternate spelling. They are the same man.