PDA

View Full Version : Any books about 1952 topps and its significance in the market?

Archive
01-31-2008, 06:05 AM
Posted By: <b>Eric</b><p>As the subject says.... are there any books about the 1952 topps set and its significance in the market/hobby?

Archive
01-31-2008, 06:31 AM
Posted By: <b>Rich Klein</b><p>Has been written to the best of my knowledge. You probably would not sell a lot of copies; but that would be a great task to write about each player in 52; some of their highlights; some of the sets highlights and quirks as you find out about them.<br /><br />Regards<br />Rich

Archive
01-31-2008, 07:13 AM
Posted By: <b>Ted Zanidakis</b><p>Rich K is probably correct; however, I vaguely recall the BASEBALL CARDS magazine (back in the 1980's)<br /> had an article on this set.<br /><br />I collected these 1952 cards (52T) as a kid and I still have my collection of cards. Since I returned to the<br /> hobby in 1977, I've put together two 52T sets. The first taking off from my original cards and completing<br /> a set of 407 cards. A more ambitious challenge was completing a "master set" of 552 cards......which in-<br />cludes all the variations and the very rare 60 (mid-series) Gray backs. I still need 41 of these "grays". So,<br />I now have 511 different 52T cards. <br /><br />Anyhow, if anyone is interested, I can answer many questions collectors may have on these cards (series,<br /> variations, market value, distribution, etc.). And, whatever impact the 52T's have had on the hobby. <br /><br />You can email me at......tedzan11@comcast.net<br /><br />T-Rex TED <br />

Archive
01-31-2008, 07:24 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>This post should really be on the post war side of this board. Not life threatening but please be careful in the future....best regards

Archive
01-31-2008, 07:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Eric</b><p>Sorry Leon... I have been used to posting here to talk about N172s and such I didn't realize - my mistake!