PDA

View Full Version : T210 Jackson reprint

Archive
01-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Bill Stone</b><p>There is currently a T210 Joe Jackson reprint listed on eBay. It clearly specifies reprint but it made me wonder if there were any other T210 cards that have been reprinted?

Archive
01-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Posted By: <b>Shawn Chambers</b><p>Hey Bill,<br /><br />I noticed that one, too. Really I wouldn't count it as an 'official' reprint (not that many reprints are authorized anyway!). This one strikes me as just a guy with a scanner and color printer. I noticed all the "wrong backed" Wagners he had made as well. <br /><br />Besides...we gotta keep your and Frank's bragging rights intact for your fine Series 6 work! If everyone had a reprint set it just wouldn't be right!! Make 'em earn it!<br /><br />Shawn

Archive
01-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>whether any reprint set is legally done.<br /><br />Wouldn't permissions need to be granted from and compensation be given to the estates of any player involved?<br /><br /><br />I would love for one of our lawyers to shed light on the legalities and procedures for reprints. Can I just reprint the T206 set without paying Cobb's family, Matty's family, etc.?

Archive
01-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>topps had to get permission when they released the 52 reprint set back in 83(?). they could not make a billy loes card as he would not grant them permission.there might be a few more players left out of that reprint set,for that same reason,not sure? tired of seeing sooooo many reprints cluttering up the pre-war catagories on ebay. when are they going to make a section for reprints????

Archive
01-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>Homemade

Archive
01-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>Thank you, Shawn.<br /><br />I agree with fkw, that Jackson is homemade. But well done. I'd like to have it, but don't want a bidding war, and not for that much. It looks good for homemade.<br /><br />And my understanding was that Topps wasn't willing to pay Loes' price, not that Loes wouldn't sign...<br /><br /><br />My understanding is that some management company has the licensed rights to Ruth, Cobb, and a bunch of guys like that. They license products for a fee, then compensate the family, keeping some for themselves. The management company doesn't have the rights to everyone, just a few of the more notable famous players. I would doubt that Jackson is protected. Same for the New Orleans Pelicans old image of the uniform and coat.

Archive
01-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Posted By: <b>Reprints</b><p>You see more and more reprints on here. To me being kinda new atr this how can you tell that t206, goudeys are so called reprints . what out it saying reprint on the card. i mean card looks old. just very confusing to me. i mean i bought Mantle from craigslist in psa holder that was a fake.

Archive
01-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>#1. Don't buy cards on Craig's List.<br /><br />#2. Don't blindly trust slabs, sometimes they know not what they slab.<br /><br />#3. I may well have #1 and #2 in inverted order.

Archive
01-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Posted By: <b>Bob</b><p>Before you buy any T206 HOFer (especially Cobb) or any tough card in the set, be sure and look very carefully at a) the font below the picture 2) the borders 3) the color of the printing on the back. That will eliminate 85% of the fakes. The other 15% can be tossed out because the colors are wrong or they just "look odd." Before investing a chunk of money in an expensive tobacco card ungraded, do a search on ebay for another legit example and compare them. If it is graded, examine the card carefully to make sure 1) it is worthy of the grade 2) that there hasn't been some chicanery involved and a different lower graded card slipped in the slab and then resealed.<br />That's about all you can do. The more you do your homework, read the posts on the 54 Board and learn as much as you can about the cards, the less you will be fooled.<br />tbob