PDA

View Full Version : Worth grading low-mid grade commons?

Archive
01-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Posted By: <b>David R</b><p>I always go back and forth on this question and wanted to see what others thought. I have a number of T202 commons, probably mostly in the SGC 30 - SGC 50 range, maybe a 60 or two if I'm lucky. Assuming I eventually want to trade or sell them, is it worth getting them graded. I often have the same debate with common T206s and T205s. Any thoughts?

Archive
01-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>David,<br /><br />Here are a few considerations:<br /><br /><ul><br /><li>Is it worth it to get the cards graded? Cost vs value?<br /><li>Are you planning on selling the cards? If yes then you will make it easier to sell your cards, if no, then you will end up finding creative ways to store your cards. Look at 100 T206 cards and how easy it it to store them now. Now envision a stack of 100 slabs. There is a big difference.<br /><li>Basically the same as above in regards to storing the cards.<br /><li>Do you want to make your set part of a registry? <br /></ul><br /><br />I'm sure there are other considerations but those are a good start.<br />

Archive
01-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>You can probably get them graded for $10 each plus postage. I think you are adding more than $10 value, and they will be easier to sell with less hassle. I say it's worth it.

Archive
01-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Posted By: <b>Seth B.</b><p>From my experience, T202s absolutely sell better graded. Grading companies are harsh on these cards, I find, but even 10s and 20s get more than $10 over a raw card of comparable grade. If you have T202s that will grade in the 40-60 range, there's definitely a premium on those, so I would say if you are selling then you have to get the nicer ones graded.<br /><br /><br />

Archive
01-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p>I would say they are better off graded....and easier to sell that way. I just had 10 E98's graded and 5 were AUTH and 5 were 10's....so I wasn't too picky on having the low end stuff slabbed...