PDA

View Full Version : SCAM -- E254 Colgans Chips (Snodgrass)

Archive
01-14-2008, 01:44 AM
Posted By: <b>Rhett Yeakley</b><p>Not sure who this guy is or anything but he is attempting to sell a card using a scan from my website. He only has it with Buy it Now at $25 so I am not really sure why he would bother but the scan is lifted directly from my www.starsofthediamond.com website. The card is a E254 Snodgrass, I know there is several other collectors of Colgans out there and didn't want anybody to give this jerk the time of day.<br /><br />Ebay auction:<br /><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/New-York-Giants-1908_W0QQitemZ140197398879QQihZ004QQcategoryZ50124 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/New-York-Giants-1908_W0QQitemZ140197398879QQihZ004QQcategoryZ50124 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem</a><br /><br />My Colgans Website (check out the Snodgrass):<br /><a href="http://www.starsofthediamond.com/colgans.html" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.starsofthediamond.com/colgans.html</a><br /><br />Just FYI<br />-Rhett<br />

Archive
01-14-2008, 03:28 AM
Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>Thanks Rhett. Have you contacted the seller? Ebay?

Archive
01-14-2008, 03:45 AM
Posted By: <b>Rhett Yeakley</b><p>I contacted ebay, we will see what they do. The funny thing is that I was thinking of buying it, then went to my website to see if it would be an upgrade on the one I currently own, and noticed the obvious image theft. Out of all the cards I own I'm not sure why you would choose that card to pull a scam on. Oh well.<br />-Rhett

Archive
01-14-2008, 06:32 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Trying to make the big score!.. This guy works at Radio Shack in Greenbow.

Archive
01-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Posted By: <b>Marty</b><p>The last time that I contacted eBay about scans from my web site being sold by someone other than me, I was told that since the image is on the internet it is okay. They gave me a link to my web site.

Archive
01-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Posted By: <b>Bill Stone</b><p>I will interested to hear the final outcome on this one --it seems unusual to me because the "buy it now" is $25,hardy a big score considering the risk , he has a 100% positive feedback since 1998 and he accepts personal checks--so most of things I would normally look for in a scam aren't here. This lack of indicators makes it all the more frustrating when buying on eBay. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Archive
01-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Richie</b><p>I am knew to all of this. First you guys are great and very knowlegable of sports cards and im learning alot. But would guy take picture from someone else just because he is to lazy. 25$ buy know is far from a big score. i think he acaually has item. evedently not the one he is posting

Archive
01-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Posted By: <b>Rick McQuillan</b><p>Hi, it looks like this is the first item that this guy is selling. All of his feedback is for buying. It looks like his purchases have been clothing and jewelry.<br /><br />Rick

Archive
01-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Posted By: <b>John S</b><p>There is no defending this guy...he lifted Rhett's scan (of Rhett's card). If indeed he has an E254 Snodgrass he should have figured out how to upload a picture of his card.<br />

Archive
01-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Posted By: <b>David Smith</b><p>I have no idea if it is the same person (maybe they are related) but the scam artist who ripped some board members off was from Alabama (Anniston). Maybe he is out of jail and starting small so as to stay off the radar. I mean, how many people getting ripped off for $25 dollars would it take before the Police get involved??<br /><br />David

Archive
01-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Posted By: <b>Chris</b><p> Is there any chance this guys account may have been hijacked? It happened to me once. It would be crazy to give up that feedback over a $25 sale. Odd that if he is pulling a scam he only has one $25 item listed imo.

Archive
01-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Posted By: <b>Rhett Yeakley</b><p>Either ebay or the seller ended the item. Pretty wierd situation if you ask me. I can't for the life of me understand what the motivation for $25 could have been.<br />-Rhett

Archive
01-15-2008, 05:16 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>When ebay ends an item, the listing disappears and links to it come up as "invalid item." In this case, the seller ended the listing, probably because someone sent him an email letting him know we were on to him.

Archive
01-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>I think Chris might have it... the auction seems more like a hijacked account and scam, rather than the original account holder doing the scamming...<br /><br />Still, you can't sell it if you don't have it, or have a contract to sell it.

Archive
01-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>The item and image theft was way to bizarre to be an account hijack - a colgan's chip of Snodgrass from Rhett's site? Why not a CJ Jackson or Goudey Ruth?