PDA

View Full Version : Update on Lionel Carter and a Request

Archive
01-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Posted By: <b>Doug Allen</b><p>Hello All,<br /><br />I know many of you participated in the sale of Lionel Carter's collection. Whether you were able to acquire something, read the story in the SGC magazine, watch the video we produced or enjoy his recent interview he may have had an impact on you. I know he and his wife Irma have had a profound impact on me. The collection is gone but I was just there this past week working on our newest project...publishing "Carter and the Cavalry" the book he wrote about his service to our country in the South Pacific during World War II. Take a minute to check out the following link about the 112th Cavalry Regiment in which he served <a href="http://www.texasmilitaryforcesmuseum.org/112th.htm" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.texasmilitaryforcesmuseum.org/112th.htm</a> Check it out 434 days in combat 224 troopers killed vs 7,200 enemies killed!!! After reading the 500+ page transcript I am amazed at what he went through putting his life in harms way for an extended period of time. As you can imagine he is much more passionate about that part of his life than even card collecting.<br /><br />Now the request. God willing Lionel Carter will celebrate his 90th birthday on January 28th. Anyone who has the time or inclination take a minute to buy him a birthday card, add a personal note of well wishes or anything that moves you and send them to my attention at Mastro Auctions. I would love to bring a ton of them to his house when I go there to celebrate his birthday.<br /><br />Please take a minute to do this to honor a man that deserves a great deal of respect from all of us.<br /><br />Thanks!<br />Doug Allen<br /><br />address - 7900 South Madison Street, Burr Ridge, ILL 60527

Archive
01-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Posted By: <b>jay wolt</b><p>Doug - Sounds like a great idea.<br />Will send 1 out on Monday to your attention.

Archive
01-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Posted By: <b>Alan</b><p>Doug - Any chance of bringing him to the National this year ? I think he would enjoy meeting us collectors as much as we meeting him.<br /><br />Alan

Archive
01-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Doug Allen</b><p>I think there is a chance he will make an appearance at the PCCE conference in Chicago this coming April. More on that later.

Archive
01-13-2008, 11:43 PM
Posted By: <b>barry arnold</b><p>a top drawer idea, Doug.<br />i'll certainly send a card your way.<br /><br />best,<br /><br />barry