PDA

View Full Version : VCP Site Down?

Archive
01-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave Hornish</b><p>Anyone else having trouble getting in? IE and Firefox both not accessing at the moment.

Archive
01-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Posted By: <b>Mark T</b><p>working fine for me.

Archive
01-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Posted By: <b>DMcD</b><p>Working fine for me, too, on IE. Try check the overhead piston cable tension on your modem.

Archive
01-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>I have found that their site seems to have some very sensitive load software such that if they see you are accessing their website too frequently (by hitting reload or just clicking a lot of links) it seems they block your IP for a period of time and you can't get on from any browser.

Archive
01-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>Dave, <br /><br />Here's a problem/solution I have run into in the past. When you try to access a web site that is down, you set up a "connection" in your computer's cache memory. The second time you try to access it, the cache memory "recalls" the previous attempt (which failed) and gives you the same result. <br /><br />To clear that cache, try to open the site. When it fails, do a hard refresh ("Control" and "F5" at the same time.) This will make the attempt fresh and if the site is back up, your in. <br /><br />(For the record, this is as technical as I can get on computers.)