PDA

View Full Version : just wondering about some folks at the close of 2007

Archive
01-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Posted By: <b>barry arnold</b><p>Having been on this board for a few years now,as some of you have, i've seen<br />a number of folks come and go.<br />Tonight i wonder about a couple of them whom i have missed in recent months.<br />I think of Julie V. who brought a magnificent wit matched by an equally magnificent collection and knowledge of vintage to this board. It was quite a treat to have this seasoned feminist perspective on this board. Even now,<br />I smile to myself realizing that she would have quite a time pushing for the<br />necessity of precision in the use of some of these words I've used. A pricelessly educated lone female on this board for so long. <br />I think about Julie, with applause.<br />I also wonder about Bob S. who came through intermittently as his health permitted with an obvious love for vintage which shone through even as he was<br />barely healthly enough to write. There was a gratitude in this fine fella which brought both knowledge of vintage and a deference to fellow human beings which made me feel much richer for his being part of all that we are on this board.<br />I think about Bob S., with applause.<br /><br />There are others--many others. Come back when you can.<br /><br />Happy New Year everyone.<br /><br />best,<br />Barry<br />

Archive
01-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Posted By: <b>Gilbert Maines</b><p>Julie recently contributed some posts to the Elkins/Behrens Forum. She is well, in good spirits, and unchanged.<br /><br /><br />Edited to add:<br /><br />Wow! My post snipe worked! I berely got that in at the close of the year.<br />Julie will probably stop in here any time now.<br />Happy New Year everyone!

Archive
01-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Posted By: <b>Dwight Davis</b><p>Not certain about being a board member, but he collected T210s. His eBay ID is tobacco-r-us. We exchanged a couple of e-mails. He told me he was in his 70s. I wrote him several weeks ago and didn't get a response. Anyone know?

Archive
01-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>That's Joe, and he's alright...in fact he sent me an email just a few days ago titled "George Bush's Resume" or somesuch.