PDA

View Full Version : 1909 Ogden's Pugilists and Wrestlers

Archive
12-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Posted By: <b>James Gallo</b><p>I wasn't getting any response in the boxing section so if might Leon will allow I would like to post this here as well.<br /><br />Can anyone give me some price points on these guys? What about pre-war boxing in general. The SMR has very few sets and I haven't found a good boxing price guide anywhere.<br /><br />These are the cards I have<br /><br />Frank Craig #6<br />Georges Hackenschmidt #16<br />Peter Bannon #33<br />Jack Smith #35<br />Fred Welsh #37<br />Abe Attell #41 Yes I know who he is <br />Joe Gans #50<br /><br />The cards are in the VG range. Any price help for my boxing interest would be great. Thanks<br /><br />James G<br><br>Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.

Archive
12-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Posted By: <b>leonl</b><p>No problem...I always appreciate folks trying in the respective forums but then, if that doesn't work too well, this is fine....good luck ....and best regards

Archive
12-31-2007, 06:48 AM
Posted By: <b>Bobby Binder</b><p>We have price results for most of the cards you have listed and cover all the major Boxing sets. As a matter of fact we cover Baseball, Football, Hockey, Basketball and Golf.<br /><br />vintagecardprices.com

Archive
12-31-2007, 08:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Jay</b><p>James--The only Ogdens boxing sets worth anything are those issued from 1900-1902 and then only a few of the issues. The Australian issue containing two boxers(Jackson and Burge) and the 1901 Sportsmen Group and the Heroes of the Ring are really scarce. The other Ogdens from 1901-02 are nice but available. The set you describe, as is true for most UK boxing sets after this period, have little value. Also, high grade cards are not an issue with these cards. They were actively collected in the UK.

Archive
12-31-2007, 09:15 AM
Posted By: <b>Andrew S.</b><p>Fred Welsh carries a slight premium over the other cards you listed. In very good condition, they are worth about $5 with the Welsh card being worth about $10

Archive
12-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Posted By: <b>boxingcardman</b><p>you could run an ebay search on them and find some prices. As Jay said, they are readily found in collector grades. <br /><br />www.americasgreatboxingcards.com<br><br>Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc