PDA

View Full Version : Mastro Cracker Jacks

Archive
12-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Marty K</b><p>Wondering the boards thoughts on the selling price of the partial 1915 mid grade cracker jack set. I am wondering if the buyer is a member of this board? <br><br>GO YARD

Archive
12-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Dave S</b><p>If you're speaking of the 17 card lot (PSA 7/8) that closed at $8k, considering the condition and the subjects, the lot went cheaply, IMO...

Archive
12-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Posted By: <b>ockday</b><p>I think you are referring to the 116/176 lot which sold for about $29,000 including the buyers premium which works out to about $250 per card. There are some real nice cards in this lot like psa 7 Lajoie, Brown, psa 6 Walsh, psa 5 Alexander and Johnson. However the Wagner is trimmed and there is no Jackson, Mathewson or Cobb.<br />Also about half the cards have glue residue on the back. Given all of the above I would say IMHO it was no bargain.<br />Alan

Archive
12-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Posted By: <b>JimB</b><p>I think that lot of 116 went for about the right price. When I did a quick pricing of it in my head on the first day of the auction, I came to 30k on it.<br />JimB

Archive
12-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Posted By: <b>Marty K</b><p>The way I read the discription, the glue residue was on some of the ungraded cards only??.....It seems for the money involved they could have shown all the cards, front and back especially with a no return policy. How hard would it have been? A fairly large leep of faith for bidders it would seem...but what do I know.........<br><br>GO YARD

Archive
12-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian</b><p>I was in on the lot up to the end. There were a percentage of nicer cards, the real interest came to me as I have a partial set, this auction would have upgraded 60 cards, and filled my remaining 3 holes. I bailed when I started thinking about how to recoup the money that I would have to spend by selling off my lower grade 15's, which are not fetching much money.