PDA

View Full Version : T3 Turkey Red ad back premium

Archive
12-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Damian Anderson</b><p>Hello again all. Thanks for everyone's help with the S74 question, buyer and I came to an agreement and you folks saved me some money! Now for today's elementary question from me. How much premium do Turkey Red ad back T3's bring or is it simply a matter of the series in which they were issued? Thanks in advance.<br /><br />Damian

Archive
12-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Posted By: <b>jay wolt</b><p>I put no premium on the ad backs.<br />They were issued in the high series and are plentiful in that series<br />so they aren't rare. In fact some cards are tougher in the high series<br />as checklist backs. The Walter Johnson as example is much easier to obtain<br />as an ad back. PSA has graded 3 ad backs for every checklist back.

Archive
12-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Posted By: <b>Craig D</b><p>Hi,<br />Here's what I've found. Given a group of 100 various T3s, 55 will be from the 1st series, 45 will be from the 2nd series. Given a group of 100 2nd series cards, 60 will be checklist backs, 40 will be Turkey Red backs.<br /><br />That being said, most people pay little attention to the back variations on T3s, so demand (or lack thereof) doesn't normally create a premium for the Turkey Red 'ad back'. On average, however, they are rarer.<br /><br />Hope that helps.

Archive
12-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Some sellers will advertise "the more scarce" ad back variety. As noted above, and from my limited experience on these too, that's not really the case....regards