PDA

View Full Version : Milton Hershey Biography

Archive
12-16-2007, 06:27 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave Hornish</b><p>Has anyone read the recent biography of him? The recent Breisch Williams thread reminded me I want to read this book, especially with the American Caramel connection. <br /><br />And why did E cards come primarily with caramels? Why not chocolate too?

Archive
12-16-2007, 06:33 AM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>I haven't read the biography but I would still like to see proof of some of our caramel cards coming with caramel, before I take it for granted. We know that some of the issues did come with chocolate. (Bishops, right off hand) Good question though and one I have thought about many times. When my brain starts functioning better this morning I might add some more... regards

Archive
12-16-2007, 07:06 AM
Posted By: <b>Frank Wakefield</b><p>Dave, thank you for bringing to my attention that there was a new Hershey biography. I've just ordered Hershey: Milton S. Hershey's Extraordinary Life of Wealth, Empire, and Utopian Dreams, by Michael D'Antonio. That is a January 2006 book. I did not see any newer.<br /><br />Would it not be great if some cook/host on the Food Network was also a card collecting fanatic? Imagine them digging around in archives and corporate records, finding the recipes for the old stuff, and making a few. Would we not buy a sampler box that had a couple of ZeeNuts, some Home Run Kisses, a few Mello Mints? An assortment of caramels?? A couple of mini-loaves of breads??<br /><br />I'll read the Hershey book and offer a report here.<br /><br />Frank