PDA

View Full Version : reholdering fees for SGC

Archive
12-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Posted By: <b>nbrazil</b><p>I received a cracked T3 SGC slab via mail. I got it insured, so USPS is liable for the damages.<br /><br />I've never used SGC's services. It appears that unlike PSA you do not need to pay a membership fee to submit cards for grading or additional services (e.g. reholder).<br /><br />Correct me if i am wrong, but will i only have to pay $5 (plus shipping fees to send the card to SGC) to get my card reholdered? If so, is it even worth it to go through the hassle of filing an insurance claim with USPS for damaged mail? The insurance claims office at my local USPS doesnt open till around 10:30, which means I have to miss half a day of work. I would rather not do that for a $5+ check from the post office.<br /><br />thanks in advance

Archive
12-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Posted By: <b>JK</b><p>I would call sgc - normally, that is correct. I dont know if they charge more for their oversize slabs.

Archive
12-15-2007, 04:37 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason L</b><p>I'm sure Michael Goldberg at SGC would be happy to answer questions, and time spent at the PO is almost always better spent elsewhere!

Archive
12-15-2007, 06:05 AM
Posted By: <b>T206Collector</b><p>...about these sorts of issues. It should not be a post office issue at all.<br /><br /><br><br>Visit <a href="http://www.t206collector.com" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.t206collector.com</a> for my T206 blog, card galleries, articles and more!

Archive
12-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Posted By: <b>Glyn Parson</b><p>The Charge for Reholdering A T3 with us is $10 plus you need to pay for return shipping and insurance. If you have any questions feel free to call myself or Michael Goldberg at 1-800-sgc-9212. <br /><br />Thanks,<br /> Glyn Parson<br /> SGC

Archive
12-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Posted By: <b>nbrazil</b><p>thanks for the help everyone. i talked to michael. real nice guy. got all the info i need.

Archive
12-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve Murray</b><p>I brought a regisrty issue to his attention by email this morning and by the time I got back from my closing it had been taken care.<br /><br />SGC is just the best!