PDA

View Full Version : to sell - ebay now, or wait until spring?

Archive
12-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Posted By: <b>steve</b><p>Do most ebay sellers of vintage cards view Christmas season as a time to fetch nice prices? Or might it be recommended to wait and sell in spring near start of baseball season?<br /><br />I am thinking of listing some nice PSA/SGC cards in the $200.-1200. range, maybe a couple $2000.-5000. cards.<br /><br />The $50.-200. cards would probably sell for respectable prices any time, but would people now hesitate to plunk down a tidy sum at Christmas time?<br /><br />Thanks, Steve

Archive
12-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Posted By: <b>joe</b><p>I'm not sure of the prices, but I don't sell in December because of shipping during the Holiday. To many things being mailed. Just my opinion.<br /><br />Joe<br><br>Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Archive
12-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason L</b><p>until you can be sure everyone has received their bonuses...also good to avoid larger sales since so much of people's money has to go towards other things this time of year.<br />just my 2 cents...

Archive
12-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve Murray</b><p>That was the very first thing that jumped into my mind when I saw the thread title. Mailing during the holiday season is risky at best and those waits in line at the PO to get to the counter can take forever. I have even stopped posting items on the BST for the same reason.<br /><br />But, with that said, I don't think you have to wait until spring. Just wait long enough for the PO to catch its breath.

Archive
12-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Posted By: <b>boxingbaseballgolf33</b><p>Try and hold of until the spring, two weeks ago it was great to buy and sell. Now with Christmas closer and just gets slower and slower for the next month or two. Auctions still do okay, but buy it now listings are tough<br /><br />Take care<br /><br />Jimmy<br />

Archive
12-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Marty Ogelvie</b><p>Keep in mind that eBay fees may go up by then.<br><br>martyOgelvie<br />nyyankeecards.com

Archive
12-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Posted By: <b>Bill</b><p>I'd hold off until the middle of February. Personally, I think a good time would be the time when people start getting their income tax refunds.<br><br>Change your socks, drink water, and drive on.

Archive
12-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Posted By: <b>dan mckee</b><p>Great time to sell, because many people won't sell this time of year and your stuff will be seen better.

Archive
12-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Posted By: <b>anthony</b><p>for me, i'm thinking not many people who would normally be buying are buying...keeping prices down. unless you need to sell, or have something that is high in demand, i'd hold off until feb...

Archive
12-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Posted By: <b>rob</b><p>why not post on the b/s/t now and if they dont sell, put them on ebay next year.