PDA

View Full Version : Informal Rules for Newbie

Archive
12-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Posted By: <b>peter chao</b><p>Guys,<br /><br />I've broken all the rules for this Board at least a few times...I'm not bragging, I'm just trying to figure out what the informal rules are and I'm sure that other newbies or lurkers out there are doing the same.<br /><br />The formal rules are pretty clear, but after posting for about a year I'm still unclear about the informal rules.<br /><br />I'm probably the wrong person to start this thread, but I'm sure there are newbies and lurkers that would like to find out. Also, this is my way of apologizing for stepping on a few toes.<br /><br />Peter C.<br />

Archive
12-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Posted By: <b>Al C.risafulli</b><p>Is this thread really here? Or did I eat those funky mushrooms again?<br /><br />-Al

Archive
12-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Posted By: <b>Jim Dale</b><p>I've been mostly lurking for over a year...there are rules? Formal or otherwise I just ignore arguments and read what I want.

Archive
12-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Posted By: <b>chris bland</b><p>"When in doubt, don't"<br /><br />If you're not sure that it belongs here, don't post it, because it probably doesnt. The range of topics here is pretty narrow; use common sense to figure out if it belongs.

Archive
12-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Peter- why do you keep saying you are a newbie? Haven't you been posting on the board for at least a year or more (it feels like a decade)?<br /><br />And the same rules apply to everyone.

Archive
12-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Posted By: <b>Joe D.</b><p>the other thread was locked -<br /><br />right after the expected self bump.<br /><br /><br />so here we are with this one.<br /><br /><br />edit to say:<br />I predict a 100 plus post thread.<br />People will come to bash Chao.<br />People will come to defend Chao.<br />And there will be bumps to the top when this looks like it is heading down the list (by Chao).<br /><br />

Archive
12-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Posted By: <b>G. Maines</b><p>Peter,<br />I have not complained regarding the bredth, frequency nor applicability of the threads which you start. I can choose to ignore them, or not.<br />But when you dominate an existing thread with commentary which is apparently not completely thought out, such as you did on the '50s box thread, and the one yesterday; you impede the progress of the thread so much that the subject is effectively hijacked.<br />If you do not know that this is wrong to do, then please rethink your priorities; or correct my misunderstanding.<br />I mean no harm, and I take no joy in resorting to extreme measures to facilitate thread progress.<br />Gil

Archive
12-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>textbook example of internet trolling........<br />

Archive
12-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Posted By: <b>Al Simeone</b><p>Well here we go again. Peter I dont believe you are trying to figure out anything. You know the rules! Why do you post about this time every Friday and continue to keep making yourself look like an Ass. Your questions always border on stupidity. Now lets see how many Peter C fans come to your rescue. Leon its lock time . There is just no reasoning with this clown!

Archive
12-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>Peter C- here is the deal. Read the top of the front page. Post about those things and read the rules. I get folks emailing me everyday asking me about board operational stufff and I am always polite and answer back. So, post about Pre-War baseball cards on this front page, adhere to the formal rules.....and continue on, or don't post....best regards