PDA

View Full Version : Long time Lurker

Archive
12-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Posted By: <b>Chuck</b><p>I first came here a number of years ago with a few questions about cards. I was welcomed very nicely and of course my questions were answered. For many reasons I had to stop collecting for a number of years. Anyway, with everything I had going on, I still came here occasionally to read the boards. This is a very attractive forum because of the way the members treat and respect each other. The most recent squabble here might appear to one not so familiar as B.S. or even immature. Because 99.9% of everything here is so respecting of each other, there are long time relationships built. It works better than most families and if someone gets called out for something, they probably deserve it. When I first came here there was a fellow that really presented troublesome. You will know how long I've been coming here when I mention the name Dr. Richard Koos. Anyway for the years that I've lurked and watched how you gentleman treat each other has not only increased my knowledge about cards but has taught me an awful lot how to be a better man. This may sound Pollyanna but, it is the truth. Bottom line as I see it, If it ain't broke then it don't need fixin. Thanks to you all and may God richly bless you and your families.<br /> <br /> Sincerely,<br /> Chuck Montoya

Archive
12-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Hi and welcome back. When you say DR. Koos you mean card/comic doctor?<br /><br /><br />Danny did have a knack for restoration. his autographs business thrived as well.<br /><br /><br />Steve

Archive
12-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Posted By: <b>Brian Weisner</b><p><br /> Hi Chuck,<br /> Welcome.... But, I guess it's a little late because you've been here awhile.... Be well Brian

Archive
12-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Posted By: <b>Fred C</b><p>Chuck,<br /><br />Like the song says - "you can check out, but you can't ever leave".<br /><br />True collecting hobbyist always come back after a hiatus. Once you've rooted yourself in the hobby you can't get out of it.<br /><br />It's worse than cocaine and heroin. <br /><br />Welcome back to the abyss we call our hobby...

Archive
12-03-2007, 05:07 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Chuck- very nicely put, and welcome back.<br /><br />Fred- isn't that "Hotel California?"