PDA

View Full Version : SGC sent to the wrong house! John McDermott...are you here?

Archive
12-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Posted By: <b>Jimi</b><p>Anyone know a John McDermott? SGC sent a package to me that should have gone to him. It's a 1961 Topps Yaz. I'll call SGC soon, but I wanted to find out if I can just send it to him directly first, plus find out if this has ever happened to anyone else before. That scares me considering I have a huge package expected to come soon.<br /><br />Jimi

Archive
12-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Posted By: <b>Robert S</b><p>It happened to me with SGC -- the first, last and only time I ever submitted to them using their regular service. My card was sent to another person -- luckily he was a board member who was nice enough to contact me. <br /><br />The phone rang and I was told "the good news is your _____ card received a VG grade. The bad news is SGC sent it to me." The caller was nice enough to send it to me himself. I was lucky that he was honest and nice enough to mail it on his own dime (which I assume SGC later reimbursed).<br /><br />As such, the only other times I've used SGC have been via their in-person drop-off and return of the card at the National or another large regional show.<br /><br />This is not a comment on SGC's grading abilities or inabilities. Let's just say it was a terrible introduction to their service, particularly their customer service. <br />

Archive
12-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Peter_Spaeth</b><p>Yes I had that happen once, my card went someplace else and that guy's submission got sent to me. It all worked out fine.<br /><br />I also once had a situation where I sent a bunch of cards to PSA by Fed Ex but the Fed Ex clerk (it was very busy) mixed up the airbills and my package ended up in Belgium. Fortunately the person who received it was honest and was able to identify me by the submission form inside and I ended up getting the cards back within a couple of days. I never heard from PSA, however, who must have received a package with my airbill on it containing nothing resembling cards inside.

Archive
12-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Posted By: <b>quan</b><p>jimi,<br /><br />i'm sure "john mcdermott" is very happy to be starting a pre-war collection now...

Archive
12-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Posted By: <b>Glyn Parson</b><p>We will gladly reimburse you for the postage as well as toss in a few free grade coupons for your trouble. I will be sure and see why this happened when i get to the office on monday, i'll talk to chris our shipping guy. we put some things in place to prevent this from happening. we are very sorry for your trouble.<br />I apologize,<br /> Glyn Parson<br /> SGC

Archive
12-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Posted By: <b>Jimi</b><p>Thank you, and it certainly wasn't much trouble at all. Accidents happen, and it's certainly a good thing that it arrived at my house. I'll gladly return it to you on Monday. I'll write a small note explaining within the package. Thanks for all the great business you provide to these members!<br><br>Jimi