PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Committee Election

Archive
11-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>There's another thread running on the upcoming HOF election for modern players. But I'm not sure everyone realizes that the Veterans Committee is meeting this weekend, December 2nd, and announcing its results December 3rd.<br /><br />There are actually two different Veterans Committees meeting, one to vote on managers and umpires, and one to vote on executives. The complete ballots are on the Hall of Fame website and baseballreference.com. With small committees meeting in person to vote, the likelihood that someone will get elected has gone way up.<br /><br />As a Hall of Fame collector, there are a couple of scary names on the ballots - Hank O'Day and Barney Dreyfuss. From what I've read, Dreyfuss is actually a very deserving candidate, and I'd like to own his Tip Top card whether he was elected or not. But since I don't own it yet, I'll be rooting against him for now. I know it's selfish, but he can wait a few more years.

Archive
11-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Great, after I sell off my OJ Hank O'Day, he becomes a candidate. Regardless, he still blew the infamous Merkle call.

Archive
11-30-2007, 04:32 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Does anybody know the date the veterans committee picks will be announced?<br /><br />The date is right in your post. One day I will learn to read.