PDA

View Full Version : Robert Gilman "Bob" Allen Images Wanted, OJ + Photos

Archive
11-21-2007, 08:35 AM
Posted By: <b>Rhys</b><p>I am currently working on a book for publication on the life of Robert Gilman Allen, better known as Bob Allen who was a player from 1887-1900 for high ranking minor league teams and several years in the major leagues and then was a very influential owner in the Southern League until his death in 1943. He is pictured with Pittsburgh and Philadelphia in the Old Judge set.<br /><br />I need images for the publication and anything that anyone can send me would be greatly appreciated and I will credit you in the publication. All Old Judge poses, any team or individual photo whether in uniform or not, even non-photo items would be appreciated.<br /><br />If you have anything related to Bob Allen that I can use, please e mail or send a high resolution scan to the e mail address below.<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Rhys Yeakley<br /><br />themodo@hotmail.com

Archive
11-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Rhys- I have an N172 Bob Allen. I will try to get you a scan tonight.

piedmont150
02-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Rhys:
I know this thread is old but I picked up a Robert Allen item last summer and haven't had much time to look into it until recently. I tracked down this thread after researching my item. I believe I have a salary statement from the Smith and Hughes Bag Company who may have been one of the owners of the Davenport Iowa team that Robert Allen managed in 1889. Here is the scan of the statement and original envelope addressed to R.G.Allen if you would tell me what you think. Hope it is of interest to you. If you need to contact me, my e-mail is ddm4236@gmail.com

bmarlowe1
02-02-2010, 11:10 AM
This c1897 photo is available from the Library of Congress. Though it says Robert S Allen, it is Robert G Allen.