PDA

View Full Version : OT/ help with yahoo mail

Archive
11-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p>This is totally off-topic..but if anyone here is more of an expert with yahoo mail then I could use some help. <br /><br />Recently switched email to a yahoo account I created about a year ago...created it just at the time to play yahoo poker and different card games when bored...now that I switched though, I noticed it sends out emails with the handle "Bob Jones" or "Bob Thomas" or something...(when I signed up back then I just typed in a bunch of crap to get signed on...now hating it because I'm asked by just about everyone why my mail comes to them as Bob whoever...so if ANYONE knows how to change this please let me know....!!! <br /><br />Thanks

Archive
11-13-2007, 07:26 AM
Posted By: <b>Mark T</b><p>Yahoo mail is the WORST!!!!<br />I get 10 Spam a day. I Try and use Yahoo spam block is useless. I just use it when i buy something on-line and need to give a email address.<br /><br />I only use Gmail now, and love it.

Archive
11-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Posted By: <b>Kyle</b><p>Email me if it doesn't work.<br /><br />1. Go to the main mail page (not your inbox)<br />2. Upper right corner, click options<br />3. Lefthand side, click account information<br />4. Enter password<br />5. Next screen, at the bottom find the address/contact information section, and click the small edit button to the right of it<br />6. See if your name here needs to be changed to your real name<br /><br /><br />If that doesn't work, try this:<br />1. Go to the main mail page (not your inbox)<br />2. Upper right corner, click options<br />3. Lefthand side, click mail<br />4. Middle section, management, click on general preferences<br />5. Edit your name in this section

Archive
11-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Posted By: <b>Marc S.</b><p>I'm a big fan of Gmail, too. I have all but given up on my yahoo account -- although I do admit I'm a tad biased...

Archive
11-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Posted By: <b>brian</b><p>I also switched from Yahoo to Gmail. Got frustrated with being unable to even access my account for days at a time and Yahoo support is a joke.

Archive
11-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Posted By: <b>anthony</b><p>i must be one of the lucky ones... i've had yahoo for about 3 years and never had a problem. i get maybe 5 spam emails a week, not a day. i have hotmail as well and that blows. i guess if they're giving it away for free then a problem here or there isn't too bad.<br><br>when in doubt, keep it!