PDA

View Full Version : Ebay scammer George Hudson update

Archive
11-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Posted By: <b>Vanessa Phipps</b><p>As you know fellow board member Frank and I were ripped off by this scum bag on the same card. Well as Frank told you a few weeks ago this guy is in jail on a parole violation. I finally got ahold of the investigating officer handling the case. It turns out George was on parole for writing hot checks. He violated his parole because of 6 different complaints from all over the country from people who were ripped off on EBAY involving vintage baseball cards. I am the seventh and Frank will be the eighth. His wife has been testifying that she witnessed George mailing the cards purchased. She wasnt in any trouble with these scams until I came along. I sent a cashiers check to Jennifer Hudson for payment on the card I was ripped off on. She recieved it and cashed it. The officer now issued a warrant against her and arrested her. So I bet she will be singing soon. I may have to go to Anniston for the trial if and when it begins, but it will be worth it to put this scum bag behind bars. Officer said George will probably settle now his wife is involved, so maybe Ill recieve some of my money back. Ill keep everyone posted. Thanks

Archive
11-12-2007, 08:29 AM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>great job! hope you get your $ back and the scumbag(s) serve some time.

Archive
11-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Go Girl! Tear 'em up good.<br /><br />Sorry 'bout the tired cliche'/Seinfeldism.

Archive
11-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Posted By: <b>Jantz</b><p>I hope all this works out for you and that you recover what you lost. <br /><br />Jantz

Archive
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Thanks for being a responsible ebay member, and going above and beyond to stick it to the scammers. I've got a similar issue currently cooking with an ebay seller, although he doesn't seem to (yet) have the paper trail behind your guy.

Archive
11-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Posted By: <b>Jason Duncan</b><p>Can you enlighten us with item # or more details on his/her ID and what you purchased?<br><br>Thanks<br>Jason

Archive
11-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Posted By: <b>Bob Pomilla</b><p>Vaneesa, as someone who is dismayed about the far too frequent indifference people display when getting kicked in the tail, I loudly applaud you and Frank for making the system work.

Archive
11-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Posted By: <b>Vanessa Phipps</b><p>The card we got ripped off on was a 52 Mantle and the item # was 180149779639, but Ebay has pulled it a long time ago and it cant be viewed. I hold Ebay a little responsible for this because it was a legit Ebay second chance offer that was sent to me on this item. I contacted Ebay before I accepted the second chance offer because I was suspicious of the seller. Well of course Ebay took 4 days to respond to me and I sent the cashiers check on the day before they got back to me. They cashed my cashiers check on a tuesday and Ebay got back to me the day after telling me not to send money to this person. Again a day late. Their I.D. at the time was gjh2007-256. The last time they were on Ebay they used jennifer8379256 but they have been kicked by Ebay again.

Archive
11-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Posted By: <b>ramram</b><p>Good luck Vanessa. It becomes a civic duty to put these people behind bars. I had to fly to Pittsburgh last year to help put an ebay scammer behind bars (8 years). It's a pain but you'll feel good about it.<br /><br />Rob M.