PDA

View Full Version : Help with T202 Hassan Triple Folders

Archive
11-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Posted By: <b>Steve Clark</b><p>Earlier this week, the only vintage dealer in town bought 68 T202 Hassan Triple Folders from a lady whose grandmother had passed away. I looked at the cards today and they look authentic. I told the dealer, who is not much into graded, that he should get these graded and sell them on eBay. He wants to get a couple thousand from these but I told him he should do better but I don't know what I am talking about. Among the 68 cards, there are a few Cobbs (including the famous one), a Speaker and at least one Mathewson. The grades range from P/F (cards that were folded in half) to about VG-EX. I told him I would do some research for him so...<br /><br />1. How much would it cost to get these graded (PSA or SGC)?<br /><br />2. What have these been going for (commons, stars) in the various conditions?<br /><br />Thanks.

Archive
11-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Posted By: <b>Geno</b><p>Steve --<br /><br />I can't help you with the grading question, as I've never sent them in. The websites will give you your answer pretty quickly. <br /><br />As far as prices, I think the new SCD Standard Catalog did a pretty good job with the T202 prices, so I'd start there. VgEx commons probably average $130-$150, while P-F probably go for about $25. Some of the "commons" aren't so common, and some of the stars pop up much more often than others - it just takes experience to know which ones are tougher. For instance, the Cobb/Jennings card doesn't seem to be all that tough, just expensive. You might consider listing them on the B/S/T and see what happens. There's a few of us that would make you some offers to fill out our lists!<br /><br />Take Care, Geno

Archive
11-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Posted By: <b>Eric B</b><p>Geez, if he wants a couple thousand for them, then give him a couple thousand. Why make sure he maximizes his profit. He clearly "stole" them from the old lady for much less.

Archive
11-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>If the cards are raw and the range of grades is Poor to Vg/Ex you are looking at $25 to $80 for the commons. The stars vary quite abit. I also had the same thought if he wants a couple thousand give it to him and you make the money off your research and selling. If you are not interested send him my way. <br /><br />Lee

Archive
11-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Misunderestimated</b><p>I think you should buy them as well (or at least get something for your efforts) Lee is correct about the general eBay value of the cards. You should check the web site for the grading costs -- it costs more to get them graded faster so you may have some options but should you wind up paying no more than $13 per card (maybe a Cobb could cost more depending on what you value it at when you send it to be graded). In any event you should get them graded -- even the lower graded commons. Send them together its cheaper and easier that way <br />The most valuable cards at that grade level are the Cobb cards which graded VG-EX could go as high as $1600 each. <br />Good Luck!<br />Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Archive
11-09-2007, 06:15 AM
Posted By: <b>Steve Clark</b><p>Thank you all for your helpful comments (and for the emails). I am not, personally, interested in buying these but as I am trying to establish a relationship with this dealer, I told him I would find out more information.

Archive
11-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Posted By: <b>Jimmy</b><p>If they were all graded it would most likely cost between 600.00-800.00, but the dealer should sell the real low condition cards first - build up some money and then use the money he gets to grade the better ones and the HOF cards.<br /><br />Jimmy<br />