PDA

View Full Version : JSA ? SGC Split

Archive
11-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Posted By: <b>Chris</b><p> Wow, I sent a card to JSA (to have SGC slab it) Priority mail w/delivery confirmation and it was kicked around for a week. I called SGC cutomer service because it was delivered to Parsippany NJ instead of Pa. I was told JSA moved and no longer would be working with SGC. Bummer.

Archive
11-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Posted By: <b>David Davis</b><p>It seems he is now working with Beckett Grading instead of SGC. Seems like a step backwards if you ask me.

Archive
11-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>David - maybe Beckett offered him more $?

Archive
11-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Posted By: <b>Aaron Conyers</b><p>I called JSA yesterday after noticing the link to the autograph submission form was not working. I was told they went with Beckett because of their bigger name and ability to encapsulate 8 X 10's. She also explained that SGC was a great company but they wanted to expand.<br /><br />Edited for spelling.

Archive
11-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Posted By: <b>Phil Garry</b><p>Aaron:<br /><br />If Beckett has the ability to encapsulate 8 X 10 photos, does that mean that they then have a larger-size holder that can encapsulate oversized "cards" as well?

Archive
11-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Posted By: <b>Aaron Conyers</b><p>Phil,<br /><br />Not sure, but it would make sense that they would be able to encapsulate the oversized cards as well.

Archive
11-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Posted By: <b>Dave Hornish</b><p>Beckett is stepping up in visibility it looks like. They are slabbing all of the Topps File copy cards from what I saw on the Topps site the other day. That's a big project. Maybe Beckett is buying Global?

Archive
11-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Posted By: <b>Jimmy</b><p>James Spence is a great guy and I am sure he had his reasons; SGC autographs were not getting as much attention vs. a regular JSA autograph<br /><br />will be interesting to see how this works out<br /><br />Jimmy<br />