PDA

View Full Version : ebay policy : if a card is a reprint ...

Archive
11-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>& listed in the pre 1930's or 1930s/40s/50/ etc section on ebay shouldn't reprint be in the title. there is a seller on ebay who continues to list reproductions in these sections but does not put reprint in the title. his listings are very deceptive and all he sells are fake aged reprints. the prices he gets are way above what a reprint is worth. reprint does appear in the discription.but he says reprint does not appear anywhere on the card. is this against ebays misleading listing policy? or counterfits? i hate to weed thru all this junk as since it does not say reprint in the title his "cards" come up in my searches.

Archive
11-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>Since most of these reprints are from the 1980s+, why are they allowed to be listed in the pre-1940's section anyways?

Archive
11-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Posted By: <b>Matt</b><p>Both good points and it's something that aggravates me daily. Ebay should work on this after the work they are doing to remove unidentified reprints. This is just an annoyance - unidentified reprtins cost people money.

Archive
11-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>leon, has this sort of "trickery" been mentioned to your ebay contact?

Archive
11-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Posted By: <b>mike</b><p>Why doesn't Ebay simply create a reprint section, regardless of year. Simply don't allow any reprints in the various categories (1940's, 1950's, etc). It would eliminate at least some of the BS.